ELTON

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza
Total votes: 13 (76%)
Nope
Total votes: 4 (24%)
Total votes: 17

Elton John

Reginald Dwight.

Pulled out the best of 2 CD thing to give to my daughter who has chosen to follow the correct path into Rock and Roll.

Unlike her brother.

Biopic was pretty good too, warts and all.

What say ye, PRF?
Trey Wrote: "How great must a thread be to miss such a thing? Beans on the penis great, I suppose"

Re: Elton John

Massive catalog to choose from. Not getting out of here without waffles.

The first 8-10 albums or so are great, particularly the first few with the band consisting of Davey Johnstone, Nigel Olsson, etc. Honky Chateau is a favorite of mine.

It gets less great after that, but still occasional good stuff. “The One” has a pretty darned good hook, though song itself is soft rock hell and production is badly dated.

Soundtrack stuff is pretty icky, albeit appropriate for those films. Many of the soundtrack hits sound like they borrow heavily from “The One”. He did co-write “Hakuna Matata”, though.

Going to an Elton John show would be a bit risky. He could play 3 hours of great stuff or 3 hours of eww.

Has done a helluva lot of good charity work. Seems like he’d be fun to party with.

Gonna go with NC, WF: 3
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

NOT CRAP NO WAFFLES well, actually, slight waffles because he gives off a rich gay white person vibe that I don't dig but his songs are soooooo good. Fuck. I've been stuck on "The One" for the past couple of years. Such a beautiful song.
Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell

Not crap. Great songwriter. Haven't listened to any of his albums front-to-back, but his singles were always all over the radio growing up - one of the first 45s I ever bought was 'I Don't Want to Go On With You Like That'.

Saw him with my folks in 2007. Great performer, mostly the hits. It was 2 hours and 40 minutes, and he could've played another 30 minutes of songs that charted in his career (no Lion King songs).

Personal faves: Philadelphia Freedom, Sad Songs (Say So Much), Healing Hands, Club at the End of the Street (blame nostalgia for that one)
"Whatever happened to that album?"
"I broke it, remember? I threw it against the wall and it like, shattered."