Band: Quasi

Crap
Total votes: 1 (14%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 6 (86%)
Total votes: 7

Re: Band: Quasi

My wife went to the Seattle show on this tour and thought it was great. We both saw them in 2022 opening for Superchunk and they absolutely slayed. I'd only seen them once before in '04 opening for the Jicks (pre-Janet) and Sleater-Kinney (w/ Janet).

My favorite is Field Studies but it was also the first one I heard. Each record always has a couple of bangers, and you can tell they're both genuine lifers.
Band: www.bracketsseattle.bandcamp.com
Old band: www.burnpermits.bandcamp.com
Older band: www.policeteeth.bandcamp.com

Frankie99 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:53 am How was meow wolf for a show?
Meow Wolf is a really great venue for shows. Not surprisingly, the stage looks fantastic, the acoustics are very good, and the venue facilities are obviously well maintained. The area is a bit on the medium-small since the music stage is inside of the exhibition, but it is enough space for like 200-or-so people. The musical acts they host are to the liking of this forum (previous acts include Melvins, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Russian Circles, and Low, who I regrettably missed the opportunity to even purchase a ticket). I saw Melt-Banana last month at Meow Wolf and it was the perfect venue for them.

They took friends on tour last year as an opener and were by any stretch of the imagination the coolest, most grounded, friendly, incredible people to have ever "made" it in music.

Janet Weiss is a top 5 drummer for me. I've seen a set where Sam had technical difficulties so Janet just ran thru a groove or two, did a few rolls, and man, it was spellbinding. She's a monster on the tubs.

They have several fanfuckingtastic albums and even the ones that aren't wall to wall have something. Not Crap!

Cardholder wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:31 pm
Frankie99 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:53 am How was meow wolf for a show?
Meow Wolf is a really great venue for shows. Not surprisingly, the stage looks fantastic, the acoustics are very good, and the venue facilities are obviously well maintained. The area is a bit on the medium-small since the music stage is inside of the exhibition, but it is enough space for like 200-or-so people. The musical acts they host are to the liking of this forum (previous acts include Melvins, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Russian Circles, and Low, who I regrettably missed the opportunity to even purchase a ticket). I saw Melt-Banana last month at Meow Wolf and it was the perfect venue for them.
Awesome - We've been there before with the fam, and Sleep did a late announced warm up show there that I really wanted to get to a couple of years back but just couldn't swing it. I have always been curious what that would be like because that room seems so intimate and cool.

RE: Quasi, not crap, no discussion.

Saw them the other night. The last song they of the night seemed like a new semi improv number that was fantastic. The rest of the show had wonderful playing but little energy. Then Sam complained how indifferent the room felt.
Great players but I run hot/cold on the tunes.

The opening act Jeffery Lewis made me leave the room more than once. A little went a long way and a lot was way way too much.