Band: The Breeders

Crap
Total votes: 12 (15%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 68 (85%)
Total votes: 80

I'm surprised there hasn't been a proper poll for the Breeders yet. It just lists the "Last Splash vs. Pod" poll.

Anyway, Not Crap. For some reason when I was a teenager, I convinced myself not to like the Breeders. Don't ask me why, because I can't remember myself. I tried listening after I was 18, though, and realized how stupid I was. I prefer the Breeders to the Pixies now (though I still love them, too).

The three albums find their way onto my player occasionly.
I enjoy them all for different reasons.

"pod" would be first, followed by "title tk".
which, although weak in places
has a handful of songs i really enjoy.

"Last Splash" is kinda' meh. The single for "cannonball" has a song called
"900" sung by Josephine Wiggs that found it's way onto my mixtapes for at 2 years in '94-'95. It is is just the bee's knees.

Not Crap.
ChoCko is back in town!

The Breeders are fantastic. I am a Breeders completist. Last Splash encapsulates many a happy memory for me.

The songs are all so good. Limehouse, Hellbound, Doe, Cannonball, Invisible Man, Safari, I Just Wanna Get A Bong, you get the picture.

Some of the best songs were the cd-single b-sides. Their cover of "So Sad About Us" is better than The Who's original version.

The two Josephine Wiggs/John Mattock albums (one as Honey Tongue the other as The J. Wiggs Experience) are really great as well. I'll take those records w/me to the grave. Sublime.

That first Kelly Deal 6000 record is also great. I'd recommend it to anyone that likes The Breeders. Kelvis name checks Jerry Reed! What's not to love?

Pod is my favorite recording ever also, and is actually what led me to this forum. I was just getting into recording, and looking for the "secret recipe" to the drum sound on Pod.

It's one of of the few records that I listen to that I hear something new almost every time I listen to it.

Also, I was hoping someone could confirm/deny that it's Frank Black saying "OH!" on "Happiness is a Warm Gun".

Not Crap at all.