Pier Paolo Pasolini

not crap
Total votes: 1 (50%)
crap
Total votes: 1 (50%)
Total votes: 2

controversial filmmaker: Pier Paolo Pasolini

I think it is ironic that one of the most powerful portraits of Jesus was done by a homosexual/aetheist/leftist radical in "The Gospel of St. Matthew" He had a rich body of work.

Accattone ( 1961)
Mamma Roma (1962)
The Gospel According to St. Matthew (1964)
Hawks and Sparrows (1966)
Oedipus Rex (1967)
Teorema (1968)
Pigpen (1969)
Medea (1969)
The Decameron (1971)
The Canterbury Tales (1972)
Arabian Nightrs (1974)

and of course his most notorious

Salo

probably the most rare and expensive DVD ever.

Not Crap!

The Italian authorities reopened the investigation into his murder last year. I haven't read anything since this article, and I'd be very interested to hear what they may have learnt.

Anyway, NOT CRAP. No waffle factor either. I got to see some of his sketches and paintings at an exhibition in Munich in January and it wasn't what I was expecting at all. I was fully expecting the kind of contrived, affected guff you get from some creative folk that try their hands at an alternative medium for expression, but found none of this in his work.

Erm, haven't we done this as a C/NC before?
Stockhausen!

Rimbaud III wrote:The Italian authorities reopened the investigation into his murder last year. I haven't read anything since this article, and I'd be very interested to hear what they may have learnt.

Anyway, NOT CRAP. No waffle factor either. I got to see some of his sketches and paintings at an exhibition in Munich in January and it wasn't what I was expecting at all. I was fully expecting the kind of contrived, affected guff you get from some creative folk that try their hands at an alternative medium for expression, but found none of this in his work.

Erm, haven't we done this as a C/NC before?

Actually Pasolini already was an experienced painter among other mediums before he tackled films. Published author, poet, and architecture among other things. Quite diverse.

There have been previous polls on Salo and Mamma but not Pasolini as a whole.

Rimbaud III wrote:The Italian authorities reopened the investigation into his murder last year. I haven't read anything since this article, and I'd be very interested to hear what they may have learnt.

Found this

New evidence this year (2005) points to Pasolini being murdered by an extortionist. The 17 year old that was found guilty of killing him, Pino Pelosi, revealed this year that three men with a southern Italian accent killed him. Testimony by Pasolini's friend Sergio Citti indicates that some of the film rolls from Salò were stolen and Pasolini was going to meet with the thieves after a visit to Stockholm, November 2, 1975. He told others that he knew he would be murdered by the Mafia. Shortly after he was found dead in Ostia outside Rome.