Iron Maiden: album artwork

not crap
Total votes: 10 (83%)
crap
Total votes: 2 (17%)
Total votes: 12

Iron Maiden: album covers

Hour_of_the_Wolf wrote:
connor wrote:While I have recently started digging the first few Iron Maiden records, their album covers are crap. Sorry. I guess I'm not "ironic" enough to appreciate them.

Disagree. I think the album covers add to the camp factor of this band. Musically, they are terrible, the epitomy of a Spinal Tap joke act. Amusing at the same time.

You think "Prowler" is a terrible, joke song?

Hour_of_the_Wolf wrote:. Production values and song lyrics scream 80's metal for me.

You say that like it's a bad thing. And people who only appreciate Iron Maiden "ironically" need a kick in the pussy. Burns me up.

Iron Maiden album covers = metal
You had me at Sex Traction Aunts Getting Vodka-Rogered On Glass Furniture

As a young lad I loved these album covers and had a bunch of Iron Maiden posters up in my room.

My parents were very religious and once had a missionary family stay at our house. The family had a young daughter who was staying in my room and she cried when she saw the Iron Maiden posters. My mom made me take them down.

Derek Riggs. It was all about Derek Riggs.

Once he stopped making them detailed and interesting (somewhere around No Prayer for the dying) it all hit the shit... and the later ones are just stupid.

The first record right through Seventh son (and the singles) were all great. I have very fond memories of seeking out their records at caldors and shit when my mom was shopping, to just stare at the covers. This was even before I was into music at all.

Not Crap.

Salut Derek Riggs!

joesepi wrote:This has nothing to do with our impending doom. I just love dirt bikes.

www.shoddymerchandise.com
www.myspace.com/andtheswede
www.myspace.com/shoddymerchandise