crap/not crap

crap
Total votes: 1 (1%)
not crap
Total votes: 68 (99%)
Total votes: 69

band:Scratch Acid

Chris Hardings wrote:really? i thought they kept playing when he was in Rapeman. whatever. thanks.

Additionally, Mr. Sims was in Rapeman.

Scratch Acid is one of my all time favorites. Mostly dead by the time I was first twisted by the sounds of "Cannibal."

One of the most talented groups of performers assembled. They were genius for these four reasons:

Mr. Washem's orchestral drumming
Mr. Sims' deep nimble bassing
Mr. Bradford's unearthly guitaring
Mr. Yow's vocal torrenting

I mean, "your smile....approx a mile wide" ?? That still makes me grin.

Unafraid to go in whatever direction necessary. Each song is different and still part of a greater whole.

Not. Crap.

"The Greatest Gift", especially the Berserker section at the end, is amazing. "THE DRUMS MAN, THE FUCKING DRUMS!!!" People get kinda freaked out when they hear them for the first time, which is a sign of a great band, in my opinion. Yeah, I like Scratch Acid.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn, we fucked up."

Quoth the Greatest Gift liner notes:

The Big Boys, a fat and popular Austin punk rock party band, asked Rey Washam to be their drummer, and he left Scratch Acid. He made several records and toured extensively with the Big Boys, helping to establish them nationally. Left-handed, handsomely Jewish Rich Malley (from Kamikaze Refrigerators) replaced Washam for a spell, until the Big Boys called it quits and Rey was free to rejoin. This version of the band was to be permanent, and began its recording career with a terrible version of "Greatest Gift" for Matako Mazuri's Metal Moo Cow sampler album.

So yeah, from this I gather that they were without Rey for a bit, but all of their recorded output is total Rey (during his second stint).[/i]