tvshow: twin peaks

crap
Total votes: 8 (11%)
not crap
Total votes: 66 (89%)
Total votes: 74

i loved this show

i swear to god, i haven't gone back to rewatch them, but i think there was a series of shows that served as a long dream sequence. these were the 'shitty' episodes, where everyone was real stilted and the writing was 'bad.' i remember at the time that there was a moment when i thought 'aha! all that stuff was _on purpose!_' but i might have been kidding myself.

all the lynch-directed stuff was great. actually, i think anything lynch or mark frost did was really good. but i can't remember.

the dad turning into bob and smashing maddy's head into the 'missoula, montana' poster was one of the creepiest, most jarring things i've ever seen in a movie or tv show

ALL the girls on that show were pretty smoking

Not even an ounce of crap. Total genius every second. Even the second season that delved deep into soap operatics. I have owned the VHS box set in several forms and seen every episode at least 20 times. My girlfreind is studying cello and she keeps it on with no sound whenever she practices. The best sound track as well, and I just want to mention the Roy Orbison cover en espanol in Mulholland Drive.
-n

scelops,

you're absolutely right. that whole thing with bobby and the rich woman made absolutely no sense. another horrible scene i remember is the scene where bobby, maddy and laura flynn boyle sit around a radio and sing this really lame 50's ballad...so fucking bad...

the best thing about the final episode was the old man that opens the safe. me and my then girlfriend were dying during that scene...and i found the movie to be very uplifting (and i'm hoping that they finally release the extra hour of footage that lynch has this year)

andyk

God I loved this show, and watched it straight through when it first arrived. I adored the photography, the music, the completely off-their-rocker characters, and the many storylines. I was entranced the entire time, and I'm dying to see it on DVD.

Does the DVD have the pilot? I remember the VHS edition didn't have it and had to be bought separately.

Damn fine coffee.