crap/not crap

crap
Total votes: 5 (7%)
not crap
Total votes: 62 (93%)
Total votes: 67

Film: Blade Runner

It's one of my favorite films. Has been since 8th grade. There're some very laughable, cheesy moments (like Rutger Hauer running around in white spandex shorts) along side some of the best dystopian "cyber-punk" imagery ever created. Really, that's what this film is all about: dark, futuristic imagery. In that respect it's a masterpiece. The script could use some work though. Not crap.

This film always amazes me. Usually I go a few years without seeing it and am prepared for disappointment. "I guess I'll watch this damn thing." It's always good though. It just nails that "dark future" atmosphere that so many other films, classics even, have failed to hit.

N/C

same wrote:
Rutger Hauer running around in white spandex shorts) .

Rutger Hauer would have been the perfect personification of Batman.
I believe he would have been really great if he got to play this caracter.
This guy was born to play Batman.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die."

Quote from Blade Runner? No. Quote from my animation tutor. I can't remember what triggered it, it was a piece of work.

I've only ever seen the directors cut which is NOT CRAP.
How do the two versions compare?