Tim Burton

CRAP
Total votes: 2 (13%)
NOT CRAP
Total votes: 13 (87%)
Total votes: 15

Director: Tim Burton

Marsupialized wrote:He's lost it and lost it hard

Yup. What was his last good movie, Ed Wood? Sleepy Hollow, Planet of the Apes, Charlie & the Chocolate Factory...all insanely CRAPola.

Everything up to including Ed Wood is phenomenally NOT CRAP.

Wait, was Mars Attacks! before or after EW? That movie is just barely NC for the camp value. Barely.
http://www.ifihadahifi.net
http://www.superstarcastic.com

Marsupialized wrote:Thank you so much for the pounding, it came in handy.

Ed Wood is fantastic.

The original Charlie seems so sacred to so many (another thread covered this), but not to me & I really liked Burton's version. Sleepy Hollow was just okay -- Planet of the Apes -- didn't see it, heard too much bad about it.

The first Pee-wee movie is great.
Last edited by John W_Archive on Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DrAwkward wrote:
Marsupialized wrote:He's lost it and lost it hard

Yup. What was his last good movie, Ed Wood? Sleepy Hollow, Planet of the Apes, Charlie & the Chocolate Factory...all insanely CRAPola.

Everything up to including Ed Wood is phenomenally NOT CRAP.

Wait, was Mars Attacks! before or after EW? That movie is just barely NC for the camp value. Barely.

Mars Attacks is terrible

Sweeney Todd (2007) (post-production) CRAP, I'm guessing
Corpse Bride (2005) CRAP!
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005) CRAP!
Big Fish (2003) CRAP!
Planet of the Apes (2001) CRAP!
The World of Stainboy (2000) No idea what this is
Sleepy Hollow (1999) CRAP!
Mars Attacks! (1996) CRAP!
Ed Wood (1994) NC
Batman Returns (1992) Never saw it
Edward Scissorhands (1990) NC
Batman (1989) Never saw it
Beetle Juice (1988) NC
Pee-wee's Big Adventure (1985) NC

He didn't direct Nightmare before Xmas, but if ya wanna count it NC
Last edited by Marsupialized_Archive on Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rick Reuben wrote:Marsupialized reminds me of freedom

I have a bit of a soft spot for him because of Batman, Edward Scissorhands and Beetle Juice, all of which I loved as a kid, but Big Fish was a good one too.

Ed Wood's probably his best. So many damned quotable lines...

Edward D. Wood, Jr.: Why if I had half a chance, I could make an entire movie using this stock footage. The story opens on these mysterious explosions. Nobody knows what's causing them, but it's upsetting all the buffalo. So, the military are called in to solve the mystery.

Editor on Studio Lot: You forgot the octopus.

Edward D. Wood, Jr.: No, no, I'm saving that for my big underwater climax.

Georgie Weiss: So, what was the important news you couldn't tell me on the phone, again?

Edward D. Wood, Jr.: Well, I started thinking about what you were saying about how your movies need to make a profit. Now, what is the one thing, if you put it in a movie, it'll be successful?

Georgie Weiss: Tits.

Edward D. Wood, Jr.: No, better than that. A star.

Georgie Weiss: you must have me confused with David Selznick. I don't make major motion pictures; I make crap.

Edward D. Wood, Jr.: Yes, but if you take that crap and put a star in it, then you've got something.

Georgie Weiss: Yeah. Crap with a star.
Last edited by mattw_Archive on Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiny Monk site and blog