NOT CRAP
Total votes: 68 (96%)
Total votes: 71

Periodic element: DEVO

other bands i feel uncomfortable judging as crap/not crap are
The Cure
Dinosaur JR
Devo

Too bad. Unless you abstain. In which case, too bad for your status as red-blooded roustabout. Fucker. It’s one side or the other. Fence-sitting is for troglodytes and academics. Pussy. Asspunk. Fan of Wittgenstein, atavistic Dungeness Crab, sloth bear, bleb. Jesus/Hitler. Be a man. Or a woman. Crap or not Crap.*

I say, Not. (Based on my bipolar friend’s obsessive admiration and comprehensive collection of their films/videos and the fact that they are the only redeeming element in Neil Young’s Human Highway. That’s right – Dennis Hopper sucks in it)

*I did a search.Twice. Noughta. If I missed something, I apologize profusely.
Last edited by Andrew L_Archive on Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NOT CRAP. Totally the opposite of CRAP!!

And, yes, while Shout and beyond smelled a bit like said crap, it was only the men of DEVO living out their own philosophy of de-evolution. They personified it. Who among us can take a joke (or conceptual art?) that far? WHO?!

Up until New Traditionalists = NOT CRAP
Living and breathing their own backward philosophy = NOT CRAP
Ponytails = CRAP (but again, part of the plan)

And, yes, while Shout and beyond smelled a bit like said crap, it was only the men of DEVO living out their own philosophy of de-evolution. They personified it. Who among us can take a joke (or conceptual art?) that far? WHO?!

heh, i've never thought about it that way, it almost makes me appreciate those awful, awful records.

Are We Not Men? and Duty Now for the Future= Not Crap

the fact that it's very hard to find those 2 records, yet have about 5 different greatest hits compilations to choose from= Crap

I became a fan the day my brothef brought home their first record in 1978/79. I gave up after SHOUT, but the years before were so solid for them musically, they earn a concrete NOT CRAP. All those that called me a fag for admitting I liked DUTY NOW FOR THE FUTURE became fans in the coming months and years. One of the best shows I have seen was Devo at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago during the NEW TRADITIONALISTS tour.