Wire?

CRAP
Total votes: 4 (4%)
NOT CRAP
Total votes: 107 (96%)
Total votes: 111

Band: Wire

I dunno, 154.

I gave pink flag a really good whirl and I think it's about half good. The pompous arrangements are kinda kool, but that one doude has one of the wackest most godawful singing voices/styles I've heard. Not the one guy but the other guy. That other guy is dicks.

He totally distracts from the music with his crappy singing self. He should let the other guy sing all the songs. If it turns out there's just one guy and not two guys singing, he should stop singing in that one way.

Faiz

If you didn't like Pink Flag, then check out Chairs Missing. It is worth it for the song Outdoor Miner alone. I actually think that Pink Flag is the worst of the original 3 albums. It's still good but...
A good way to threaten somebody is to light a stick of dynamite. Then you call the guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone. "Hear that?" you say. "That's dynamite, baby." - Jack Handy

154 wrote:uhhh? lemme guess, you heard 'manscape' or something and figured all their stuff sounded like that?

their first 3 albums are perfect. not crap

The prompt was hearing "Map Reference Whatever The Fuck" on the radio and feeling completely neutral by it. I don't know what album it's on, so I can't make any statements about what era I've heard.

I've never immersed myself in one of their albums. I worked at a record store, and someone would throw it on occasionally. It just never hit me as being awesome or total shit. Let's agree to disagree that I haven't really given them a fair chance.

I've never immersed myself in one of their albums. I worked at a record store, and someone would throw it on occasionally. It just never hit me as being awesome or total shit. Let's agree to disagree that I haven't really given them a fair chance.

i understand. i think the first time i ever gave the Beatles a serious listen was 'rubber soul' and i remember thinking "what's so special about this?" but both the beatles and wire are extremely diverse and pretty difficult to pin down after listening to a few songs. one song can be pretty and poppy, the next song can sound downright demonic, and you get my point..

i'd agree to give 'chairs missing' a listen. it was the one that grabbed me most immediately for some reason. '154' seemed pretty schizophrenic at first and 'pink flag' really pushes your limits as to what passes for a 'song'. but taken as a whole with some time, they are all perfect.

Dylan wrote:The prompt was hearing "Map Reference Whatever The Fuck" on the radio and feeling completely neutral by it.

I'm not thinking of Wire as a radio band. I saw them open for Roxy Music in a hall with 10.000 people (early 80s) that was so extremely tight and i'd never seen a drummer lined along the rest of the band and the first album, man, NOT CRAP.
Votre,
Guy.