Thin Lizzy?

CRAP
Total votes: 2 (3%)
NOT CRAP
Total votes: 59 (97%)
Total votes: 61

Band: Thin Lizzy

I picked up their new Greatest Hits double album in Dublin a few weeks back and have listened to it many times since. It's a good introduction to the band if you can get it, but I think it may only have been released in Europe so far.

I also concur with the recommendation of "Live and Dangerous" as one of the best live albums ever.

Oh yeah...NOT CRAP.

placeholder wrote:Do you recommend any albums in particular, or are they all worth picking up?

Anything from 1975 through 1980 -- whether live or studio.

But "Jailbreak" is an obvious starting point. A reasonable person of initially casual interest can get away with a greatest hits collection.

Don't go see them now, though.

Seriously. Don't go.

Thin Lizzy was the greatest.

I personally adore the "Black Rose" album, but like them all!

I went and saw the lame ass new "thin lizzy" when they opened up for Deep Purple... still don't know why, but let me tell you, I can`t believe how horrible it was. Take amazing songs, strip them of all their passion, replace it with dashes of every rock cliche in the book, and you`re not even in the radar of how awful they were. Their rendition on "Black Rose" was even more appaling than Limp Bizcuit`s version of "Behind Blue Eyes". They needed to be stopped. Problem is, if I had a gun at the show, I probably would have just killed myself instead.

awful

stewie wrote:I also concur with the recommendation of "Live and Dangerous" as one of the best live albums ever.

Oh yeah...NOT CRAP.

"Live and Dangerous" is great, but that's partially because many guitar tracks were outright replaced with studio tracks later- I think MOJO had a typically lengthy article on Thin Lizzy that went into detail on this. Not that it detracts from my enjoyment of that record any- Thin Lizzy was much more "punk" than they ever got credit for, and Phil Lynott's drugged out death was a major shame.