Killing Joke?

CRAP
Total votes: 1 (2%)
NOT CRAP
Total votes: 46 (98%)
Total votes: 47

Band: Killing Joke

Killing Joke get an easy NOT CRAP from me. That first run of albums (from the first self-titled one to Brighter Than A Thousand Suns) are damned great, though a couple edged into nearly-bad sythpop territory. I don't care for their '90s reunion stuff particularly, but the second self-titled album from 2003? Good lord, that is a fine album. After the two that preceded it, I didn't think they had it in them anymore, but I was mistaken.

Ahhhh, The Killing Joke.

LOVE for the Killing Joke.

I have this great box set of the first 5 LPs each on a different color vinyl. It is signed by the original band members.

best $50 I ever spent.

I actually like Brighter Than A Thousand Suns a whole lot too. They actually do synthpop quite well. Pandemonium sucks but Democracy has some killer tracks on it.

But this new one is fucking awesome....

Jaz Coleman is nuts!
David
TRONOGRAPHIC - RUSTY BOX

the$inmusicisallmine wrote:Yeah. the heaviest, loudest band around. I would imagine they just blew people away. One of the bands I wish I had seen back in 83. Geordie!

Not Crap to the Nth.

I saw them in 1981. Geordie's amp blew up after about 20 minutes of playing, the opening band had left so there wasn't a spare amp in the club. End of performance to a booing crowd. Jaz had dirt smeared all over his face.