Pedro Almodóvar?

Crap
Total votes: 2 (33%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 4 (67%)
Total votes: 6

Filmmaker: Pedro Almod ³var

i've seen three of his films: volver, talk to her, and one other, can't recall. all three felt very forced, like they were overly dramatic and without much humor. not that there weren't funny parts (and humor isn't a requirement for me), just that the "world" was taken so seriously.

perhaps i'm misinterpreting.

hard for me to call them crappy films but i just didn't like them.
To me Steve wrote:I'm curious why[...] you wouldn't just fuck off instead. Let's hear your record, cocksocket.

tocharian wrote:Volver, Bad Education, Talk to Her, and All About My Mother are all splendid, humane films.

They are also pretty boring middlebrow chick-flicks.

The Almodovar film I have most enjoyed watching was his first, Pepi, Luci, Bom y Otras Chicas del Monton. I was so drunk that the TV screen was constantly moving diagonally from bottom left to top right. I would recommend that one and What Have I Done to Deserve This?

madmanmunt wrote:
tocharian wrote:Volver, Bad Education, Talk to Her, and All About My Mother are all splendid, humane films.

They are also pretty boring middlebrow chick-flicks.

I've only seen All About My Mother out of those, but your chick-flick characterisation is grotesque. Brilliant movie, and remembering it makes me feel lazy for not having watched the others listed.
Gib Opi kein Opium, denn Opium bringt Opi um!