Agnes Varda

Merde (No votes)
No es Merde
Total votes: 1 (100%)
Total votes: 1

Filmmaker: Agnes Varda

She's interesting. I love her husband's, Jacques Demy's, films, but hers I'm not so crazy about.
Cleo From 5 to 7? Happiness? All are about beautiful people with beautiful feelings. That's nice and all, but I always come away feeling sort of jipped.

I dug 'Jacquot' though. probably because of the subject matter. I realize I've only seen the films she's done really early and very late.

Now, if we want to talk about female directors, bring on Lina Wertmuller... THERE'S a talent...
Well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Derek Monypeny wrote:
Ace wrote:She's interesting. I love her husband's, Jacques Demy's, films, but hers I'm not so crazy about.
Cleo From 5 to 7? Happiness? All are about beautiful people with beautiful feelings. That's nice and all, but I always come away feeling sort of jipped.

You thought Happiness was "nice?" Happiness is a weird, perverse movie. Just not in an obvious way (i.e. unlike that other movie called "Happiness.")

Maybe try Vagabond.

I didn't mean "nice" as in kind or sweet or whatever... it just seems like an exercise in something that I don't find too gripping. Again - beautiful feelings for beautiful people is the best way I can sum it up.
I will check out vagabond, however.
Well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

NOT CRAP based solely on Vagabond, the only one of her movies I've seen.

I will get around to watching more in the near future.
matthew wrote:His Life and his Death gives us LIFE.......supernatural life- which is His own life because he is God and Man. This is all straight Catholicism....no nuttiness or mystical crap here.