crap or not crap?

CRAP!
Total votes: 10 (16%)
NOT CRAP!
Total votes: 54 (84%)
Total votes: 64

band: slint

You know what? I could see voting CRAP for Slint. This CRAP vote would be under one condition -- you had only heard "Spiderland" one time.

The first time that I heard this record, I thought that it was about as forced and embarrassing as a record could get. It sounded simultaneously timid and full of shit, which I thought to be quite a feat, but not in any good way.

And I HATED "Don, Aman". That song made me angry.

Then I listened to "Spiderland" again. And again. And again and again and again. Upon each listen, more layers of mystery and power revealed themselves to me. There was beauty, precision and terror like I'd never heard before on a record. The recording was brilliant as well.

And those lyrics...

"Spiderland" was so good and so alien that my brain didn't have a reference point for it. Unable to make ready sense of the record, my brain initially rejected it. I actually had to learn to think about rock in a new way.

And "Tweez" is no slouch.

Slint is a great band. That's about the most incontrovertible rock statment that I can make.

So, yes, shagboy, if you've only heard "Spiderland" one time, then your Slint CRAP vote is completely legitimate.

Otherwise, if you cannot find something of value in Slint, then consider whether or not you should bother listening to rock music at all.

I thought "Ugh" was the best thing to say, after all. Why say someone shouldn't listen to rock because they don't like this band? Is any band good enough to warrant such a comment? Would you say the same thing for people who voted crap for Low? How about people who voted crap for the Beatles? What makes Slint so special that they define who gets to listen to rock music? Come on.

-Noah
your an idiot

Slint the band = Not Crap

People soiling themselves over slint in a fashion not too dissimilar to beatlemania (albeit with bearded, unwashed, middle aged men a stronger factor than female teenage hotties, AND alot less people) = Crap

Yes, a very good band. But i still think alot of nappies need changing at the moment.

Tuppence worth thrown in? Check.

Edit - just wanting to point out that i am in no way insinuating that Bradley has pooed himself. Or that he hasn't washed or changed his draws for a week. And i don't have the slightest idea of his age either. Sorry if there was any confusion there.

:wink:
You're a shit DM and i want my pizza money back.