Minutemen?

Crap.
Total votes: 11 (7%)
Not crap.
Total votes: 146 (93%)
Total votes: 157

Band: Minutemen

One amazing thing about the Minutemen was that while much of their popularity came from being part of the mid 80's "American Sound" "movement" along with bands like the Replacements, R.E.M. etc, the men's influencs were defintely more esoteric(BOC covers notwithstanding). I doubt a majority of those who have Minutemen records in 1985-86 also had Wire, Gang of 4 or Pop Group records.

Band: Minutemen

Dylan wrote:
toomanyhelicopters wrote:all i ever heard from these guys was two covers, Dr Wu, and Ain't Talkin 'Bout Love. those were both really cool.

Except he says "children" instead of "gentlemen", probably not taking Fagen's lisp into account.

N/C, btw

a-rumma-numma-num! a-rumma-numma-num!

Dy-Lon! where you been lately maign?!?! i have to say thank you for bringing that up. i had noticed that too, and it made me question my long-held love for the way he sings "gentlemen", like he's wasted on hard liquor or something. so i very much enjoy your validation of what i had suspected! also, i am now thinking a bunch about katy lied, my favorite The Dan album of all time, and i will probably listen to it today as a result. gold teefs II is one of my favorite piano-based songs ever. and it works perfectly in the fall.

seriously, how could someone vote crap? it musta been one of the brits!

bradley, you can dig in there and find out who did it, right? roast! roast!
LVP wrote:If, say, 10% of lions tried to kill gazelles, compared with 10% of savannah animals in general, I think that gazelle would be a lousy racist jerk.