Band: Harvey Milk

CRAP
Total votes: 2 (6%)
NOT CRAP
Total votes: 32 (94%)
Total votes: 34

trilonaut wrote:heard a track... didn't like. really bad vocals.

Yeah, I saw a work by Cy Twombly I didn't like one time, but all and all I still think he's one fucking hell of a painter.

I loved Harvey Milk.

I think they are one of those bands you either love or just don't get. I had the pleasure of touring with these fine young lads and seeing them play many a night in Athens. Amazing live band, great sense of humor, they poured their huge collective hearts into what they did and it was really beautiful. The My Love Is Higher Than Your Assessment of What My Love Could Be and the Probolkoc single are still two of my favorite things I ever designed. I never got to see them without Paul in the line-up, so I can't attest to the later years, but damn they were fun...
Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is pureley coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Simulated picture. Driver does not carry cash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWAEyj0r7QE

Edited from over 16 hours of video footage, "Anthem" is a 3 and 1/2 hour live document chronicling possibly the best band from Athens from their first shows in 1993 to their recent stint of reunion gigs in 2005. Shot almost entirely on broadcast quality cameras, "Anthem" is an essential release for fans of the band, or anybody that likes noise with their rock. Package designed by Stephen O'Malley and extensive liner notes written by Chunklet publisher Henry Owings.

I was just recently introduced to this band and i gotta say it really is heavy as fuck. Love it. Really love it. I've just been listening to 'Courtesy and Good Will Toward Men' and 'Special Wishes'.

If anybody has a spare copy of either of these records on vinyl they don't need, please PM me and i will pay the good money for them.

Thanks.

NOT CRAP!
You're a shit DM and i want my pizza money back.

i absolutely love harvey milk. normally, that style of singing gets on my nerves, but for some reason i find the voice and the music to be very melodic and at time downright beautiful. "lay my head down" on THE PLEASER is stunning. i've yet to find an album or single of theirs that doesn't bring me immense joy to hear.