Led Zeppelin?

CRAP
Total votes: 27 (22%)
NOT CRAP
Total votes: 95 (78%)
Total votes: 122

Band: Led Zeppelin

Not crap! So not crap that I will only now refer to them as Anticrap, as they and crap have nothing to do with each other in any way. Who said crap? WHO?!
Their record is almost completely spotless, too. I can think of very few spotless records... Slint...AC/DC....um... I think that's it.

Mayfair wrote:Not crap! So not crap that I will only now refer to them as Anticrap, as they and crap have nothing to do with each other in any way. Who said crap? WHO?!
Their record is almost completely spotless, too. I can think of very few spotless records... Slint...AC/DC....um... I think that's it.

Spotless isn't something I find particularly interesting....

Sorry, I have to agree with the rev on this one.

Sure their output was prolific, sure they rocked loud and hard, but c'mon people. There's a reason that they were loved by teenage boys and reviled by critics in their own time, and thats because the music was uninteresting. To write a good riff is one thing... to play it for 25 minutes because you know the prepubescent crowd is going to eat it up is entirely another.

Defending the Zep now is like defending the Bizkit as groundbreaking in 20-30 years. Next thing you know, you'll be telling us that "Chocolate Starfish and the Hotdog Flavored Water" is a brilliant concept album that manages to elucidate the angst of adolesence through apt metaphors and insightful lyricism.

Again, c'mon...