Big Star?

Crap
Total votes: 10 (14%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 60 (86%)
Total votes: 70

Band: Big Star

I just wanted to get this Big Star thread up here, even if it's just for a little bit. I am full of love for Public Enemy and the Velvets, with those other topics knocking around. And I love Big Star so much.

So much!!

It would fill me with happiness for everyone to talk with joy about their favourite Big Star album. But if it is not to be, then at least I gave them a shot at the top of C/NC, just for one day.
Back off man, I'm a scientist.

Radio City is my fav. But i loves me some First as well.

Never been too big a fan of Chris Bell, but he sure did write some great stoned rockers.

How is the new one? It seems weird that it is a "Big Star" record...
Last edited by DefinitelyNOTtheSWEDE_Archive on Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joesepi wrote:This has nothing to do with our impending doom. I just love dirt bikes.

www.shoddymerchandise.com
www.myspace.com/andtheswede
www.myspace.com/shoddymerchandise

elisha wiesner wrote:i'm sure i'm in the minority here but i can't stand big star. enough people have told me how great they are that i just figure i am missing something. about once a year i pull out radio city and listen. it sucks every time.

crap.

Radio City was the one that took the longest to click with me. Third was pretty instant, as was #1 Record (which is their weakest album - not including the new one, which I haven't heard yet). But for a long time now I have thought Radio City as their masterpiece. On that album, I believe, is a band the equal of any great rock band in history. Distinctive, unique and inimitable.
Back off man, I'm a scientist.

Great songs, great drumming. I find myself listening to their records way more than say Cheap Trick who in my opinion is most like them in my collection (no, I don't own any Teenage Fanclub...).

I am always surprized how much I DON'T like Alex Chilton outside of Big Star.