Polvo

Crap
Total votes: 11 (11%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 87 (89%)
Total votes: 98

Band: Polvo

Polvo = 100% Not Crap. A great band. A somewhat curious band. Really did no wrong in my book. Always slightly odd (an understatement for their weakest, but still not even close to crap, _Shapes_). Always interesting. Their pinnacle, the fantastic _Exploded Drawing_, even with repeated listens, never quite sounds familiar (I mean this as a plus). Bizarre song structures, chords, tunings (lack of tunings?), etc. Many songs sound like they could completely unravel and fall apart at any moment. The guitars themselves often sound like they will fall apart at any moment. Somehow it all holds together.

Band: Polvo

the Classical wrote:I saw in 95 (or 96, whenver) and they were great. Ha!

Gotta agree with "the Class" here. I only saw them twice. The second time was phenomenal. They played to a room of about 9 people here in Milwaukee. Due to this poor turnout they seemed to want to get in and out in a hurry. Took the stage, did not say a word, and played _Exploded Drawing_ straight through in order in its entirity. Did not pause even once between songs - each melded perfectly into the next. I would love to witness that set again.