Killdozer?

CRAP
Total votes: 6 (7%)
NOT CRAP
Total votes: 80 (93%)
Total votes: 86

Band: Killdozer

Killdozer were the first band that I was ever crazy about that I got to meet in person. Michael Gerald (vocalist) was in a math class at the University of Wisconsin with a friend of mine. I got to see one of their very first shows, and I bought their first record the moment it was available.

There was a time when their Little Baby Buntin' album was being played in my house once a day.

Boy, did I love that record.

Killdozer's records and live shows made me feel weird and uncomfortable and like I was briefly experiencing madness.

Not crap
steve albini
Electrical Audio
sa at electrical dot com
Quicumque quattuor feles possidet insanus est.

Killdozer records really constituted a dilemma to me, early on, in that Frank Booth/dead animal way - eerieness in a deathlock with fascination.

Then the first time I saw them was at Chicago's fine The Vic Theater, right after 12 Point Buck. To see that the tremendous,staggering presence of this band was steered by this skinny pissed off dude...

Tremendously fucking awesome.

Total original.

Not even close to crap.

In my teens I convinced a DJ at Off The Alley (a teen nightclub (no longer in existence) located in Homewood, IL) to play Killdozer's cover of Janet Jackson's Nasty. You should have seen how quickly the dance floor was cleared.

I've never been much of a dancer.

NOT CRAP

without a doubt not crap. seeing them at o'cayz corral in madison was one of my first real exposure to underground music. it was completely baffling as a 19yr old kid from mid-michigan. completely re-wrote the book in my mind about what a band could be and how the operated.

michael gerald kept saying, "we're killdozer from madison, wisconsin. you really ought to go to madison sometime, it's a great place." i was lucky enough to see 3 of thier "last show ever" - 2 nights back to back in madison, and also at the empty bottle w/shellac on the "fuck you we quit" tours.

michael was in my friend's law school class at NYU a couple years ago. another friend saw him at a party and approached him with the idea of forming a killdozer tribute band where i'd play drums, my friend would play guitar, and michael would play bass and sing.

what a great band.