GBV?

CRAP
Total votes: 23 (20%)
NOT CRAP
Total votes: 90 (80%)
Total votes: 113

BAND: GUIDED BY VOICES

Come one, people - total CRAP! What is so goddamn entertaining about watching some beer-belly middle-agers drink kegs on stage while they play their mediocre little rock songs with increasing levels of ineptitude? These guys need Quality Control badly.

And who told Nate Farley he could play in a rock band anyway? I want the Shutdown demos released immediately!

oh, i've got to get in on this one.

2 years ago, these guys came to orlando, and i was told that if i went to this show, i would see one of the greatest indie rock bands ever. $16 was the cover for the show, which was GBV and another band called "elf power". when gbv started, i was horrified. picture someone anticipating a good indie rock band and in its place getting a oily, beer-bellied version of david hasselhoff stumbling around in a sailor jacket(yes, he was drunk before he even hit the stage), swinging his microphone around (while hitting someone in the head on the front row), and between every song saying "where's me fuckin set list...oh fuck i don't know which fuckin song is next. fuck it all" and drooling on some stupid piece of paper he kept pulling out of his pocket while a bunch of college frat guys cheered, drank more and more beer, and thought of what girl they'd rape tonight.

i hate guided by voices.

trying to be the Who

trying to be the Who

trying to be the Who

trying to be the Who

trying to be the Who

trying to be the Who

trying to be the Who

trying to be the Who

not the Who.

take six different Who tapes, bury them underground in a bowl of water for twenty years, and trim out 45 second to 3 minute slices at random.

mix, bake in the oven for an hour. Hey, its another new GBV rarities collection!

tho, when weighed as a whole, GBV have much better lyrics, and tremendously better song titles.