Crispin Glover?

Crap
Total votes: 7 (23%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 23 (77%)
Total votes: 30

Actor-filmmaker: Crispin Hellion Glover

Crispin Glover.

[i]Crispin Hellion Glover presents his feature film entitled What Is It? Mr. Glover has been working on the film for many years and he is now proud to present his fine 35mm print of the film. Most of the actors in the film have Down’s Syndrome, but the film is not about Down’s Syndrome. Mr. Glover explains the plot thus: “Being the adventures of a young man whose principal interests are snails, salt, a pipe, and how to get home, as tormented by an hubristic racist inner psyche.â€

i saw or read somewhere that he was a real jackass about his contract with back to the future. that he wouldn't do the 2nd and 3rd movies because he was going to be paid less than michael j. fox.

seems kind of ridiculous to me.

also, i think he was in Like Mike, which makes it real hard to think of him as serious, or decent for that matter.
"The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter."
-Winston Churchill

Glover appeared at a film festival here recently, where he showed What Is It? and answered questions about it for almost two hours. He made a reasonable case for it in his talk, but man, that's one fucked up movie (ever wanted to see a man with cerebral palsy get a hand job from a naked woman in an ape mask while a guy in a king's robes plays Johnny Rebel records? now's your chance!), and he's a very twitchy man. I don't know if I would say crap, because I like too much of his work (especially the brilliant Reuben and Ed), but man, he's one REALLY strange cat.

Allow me to take this opportunity to say i fucking HATE "Wild at Heart." I'm not a huge Lynch guy anyway, but this move has a very simple, braindead plot, yet lasts 3 hours and goes into diversions that are complete wastes of time. Crispin's scenes are a great example of this. They have nothing to do with the movie. I guess thats why some people love Lynch...but for me its really tedious.

You also get to see a naked, hairy Nic Cage with a thick Elvis accent, having sex with a gross looking Lura Dern.

I raelly feel like i'm missing out on something by hating this movie, because I guess its really artistic and cinematic and all that hoo-ha.
Hi Ho, Six Shooter!
Branchdweller Summer Camp