Band: Husker Du

crap
Total votes: 7 (8%)
not crap
Total votes: 80 (92%)
Total votes: 87

i can't believe it hasn't been done!

obviously NOT CRAP for the period between 1983-1985 when they were incredible. 'metal circus' through to 'flip your wig' was basically my introduction to independent rock.

some of the early stuff is good too, though 'the land speed record' is ridiculously unapproachable and 'everything falls apart' is patchy. 'in a free land' is a great tune.

the last two albums weren't amazing. 'candy apple grey' had it's moments but 'warehouse' was downright laborious. it wasn't completely dreadful but compared to the classic era it was insipid.

nova mob and sugar both had a good album each and both mould and hart had one great solo album each - 'workbook' and 'intolerance' respectively.

NOT CRAP!
run joe run wrote:Kerble your enthusiasm.

Not Crap

Does anyone else really enjoy Land Speed Record? It took me a while to get used to the fairly-bad recording quality but after that it became quite blazing thunder hot-lightning ice! to my ears. I think that if they recorded these songs in a studio this would be up there with Zen Arcade and Metal Circus for a lot of people.

Some of you might be interested in a couple of Husker Du performances I found while searching for some information on an old Minneapolis punk band. Both videos are from the Joan River's Show, and the material is taken from the Warehouse: Songs and Stories-era. The first video is Husker Du performing "Could You Be The One," with a short interview conducted afterwards, while the second video tacks on their second number of the night, "She's A Woman (And Now He's a Man)."

Video One

Video Two

Both YouTube videos are remarkably in synch audio/visual-wise.

Edit: please hold yr disdain for latter-period Husker Du. It's a good performance.
murderedman wrote:Your problem is your bloc attitude.

There are some really great videos of them on YouTube. I particularly like the one from the Pink Pop festival. Eight Miles High. So much better then the recorded version.

Somebody probably posted it here.

Not Crap, but I'm only crazy about one or two of their records about once or twice every six months.