crap/not crap

Crap
Total votes: 3 (6%)
Not crap
Total votes: 47 (94%)
Total votes: 50

Band:Motorhead

toomanyhelicopters wrote:i wanna get me some motorhead. what album should i get?

No Sleep Til Hammersmith or Ace of Spades would be my picks.

But there's also like a jillion "greatest hits" style compilations that are pretty much interchangeable. I have one called No Remorse that's pretty good. With the leather cover. Oh yeah. I think it's been reissued.

Hell, now that I think of it, most Motorhead is pretty much interchangeable.
"You get a kink in your neck looking up at people or down at people. But when you look straight across, there's no kinks."
--Mike Watt

i think i just went through a mid-life crisis like five minutes ago. listening to a bunch of stuff off voivod's first two albums (mmmmmm...) and i got to thinking, really i need to check out motorhead because that's where all this shit comes from anyways... and then i got to thinking, i should sell my 4runner and get a 1980 camaro, and a bunch of motorhead tshirts, and a mullet.

i think i'll probably wanna just get a motorhead album for starters, and maybe take it from there.

toomanyhelicopters wrote:i think i just went through a mid-life crisis like five minutes ago. listening to a bunch of stuff off voivod's first two albums (mmmmmm...) and i got to thinking, really i need to check out motorhead because that's where all this shit comes from anyways... and then i got to thinking, i should sell my 4runner and get a 1980 camaro, and a bunch of motorhead tshirts, and a mullet.

i think i'll probably wanna just get a motorhead album for starters, and maybe take it from there.

Yuck. If you wanna like Motorhead, that's cool, but please don't be all ironic about it.

Anyway, Motorhead is not crap. I own fourteen of their albums. Get "No Remorse." It's a good overview of the stuff that they recorded for Bronze beween 1979 and 1983.
Police Teeth: we like Void so much, we decided not to sound like them.

ironic? huh? i don't know what you mean. i was totally kidding about the camaro/mullet thing, although like lotsa folks i've always had a soft spot for badass cars. i got the long hair thing outta my system about 15 years ago, too, so yeah, no irony intended, just being silly.

i pretty much grew up on speed metal and managed to do so without ever owning a motorhead album. basically i've been listening to a lot of that stuff again as of late (mid 80's metallica, voivod, slayer, whatnot) and have come to the realization that i should pick up at least one (if not many) motorhead album(s) since i see them as being one of the archetypical bands who brought about the genre in the first place.

so don't worry, no irony. just looking to get up to speed on the roots of my roots is all. and thanks for the suggestions, all.

toomanyhelicopters wrote:ironic? huh? i don't know what you mean. i was totally kidding about the camaro/mullet thing, although like lotsa folks i've always had a soft spot for badass cars. i got the long hair thing outta my system about 15 years ago, too, so yeah, no irony intended, just being silly.

so don't worry, no irony. just looking to get up to speed on the roots of my roots is all. and thanks for the suggestions, all.

Whew! Just making sure. We have a lot of kids in the Northwest that think it's "cool" and "ironic" to wear too-tight heavy metal tees while they listen to Joan Of Arc and The Smiths.

But if you actually used to be a hesher, then I have absolutely no problem with that.
Police Teeth: we like Void so much, we decided not to sound like them.

I want to also recommend Orgasmatron produced by Bill Laswell. It should not be your first stop, but if you appreciate Voivod (and I'm guessing Metallica's And Justice For All), you should check it out. Once you do, the 'Talli connection should make sense.