Band: U.S. Maple?

Crap
Total votes: 10 (11%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 80 (89%)
Total votes: 90

Band: U.S. Maple

I saw them w/ the new drummer earlier this yr and was pretty underwhelmed, esp on the old songs. the new record isn't as bad as I thought it would be, tho like their other albums it takes awhile to wrap yr head around, I think I just figured out Acre Thrills

none of this changes the fact that the four proceeding records are some of my favorite music ever record and have been a huge influence on me

not crap

Have tried to see them play whenever possible.

I remember being dumbfounded the first time I saw them when I realized that they were actually playing songs with precise changes and were not just having good luck.

The last time I saw them was just before Acre Thrills (I think) with a new drummer who seemed to have a lighter, jazzier touch. Slight notch down, but oh so slight.

Greatest USM show I saw was when they played with Bonnie Palace Oldham at the Double Door. Talk about confusion due to fan dichotomy...

not crap at all. every album is solid, as is their live show.
US maple is one of my favorite bands to listen to in my car when i've got friends with me who either aren't into them or have never heard of them. they all say things like "wow this is really weird" or "why does this guy sing like that?" or simply "what IS this?" i prefer the old drummer's style, but to me the vocals and guitars are what make this band great.

NOT CRAP
I just started listening to these guys again.
I remember seeing them in the late 90s at the old Ottobar which is in Baltimore and kinda near Totally Awesome Super Spectacular Land where I reside. Anyway, the singer has this knife that he's waving around causing me and my friends to move to the back and then eventually leave due to fear of seeing someone getting stabbed.
Better yet, eat the placenta!!!