Television?

CRAP
Total votes: 3 (4%)
NOT CRAP
Total votes: 67 (96%)
Total votes: 70

Band: Television

BadComrade wrote:They're playing in Toronto soon. It will probably be the only show they do this year. My friend is thinking of going to it. I might just go with him. One of the many bands I never thought I'd get to see live, and was glad that they were still good when I saw them...

Don't do it.

I mean it.

The last time I saw them live, they looked as if they were forced onstage at gunpoint.

Sour, sour, sour.

I was so heartbroken that they didn't even pretend to be into the show that I went home and curled up into a fetal ball and cried.

OK, so the last part isn't true.
I make music/I also make pretty pictures

BadComrade wrote:Hmmmmm. Last time Television were in town, Richard Lloyd played at the Empty Bottle. I walked in to pay, heard about 30 seconds of what he was doing, and decided to go out to eat instead...

I'll pass on your advice, thanks!

That Lloyd show was dullsville, I agree. I left way early also.

But Television were excellent just prior.

It seems possible they'd be burnt on it by now.

Lloyd solo never really impressed me... I like the album Alchemy all right, but it's nothing to make mejump up and find out when he's playing his next old-man solo show.

But Television... I like this band so much that given the opportunity I think I'd go see them, just for the chance that I wouldn't be let down. I was in diapers in their heyday, so i'd have to give it a chance!