Nutball: Neil Young

Crap
Total votes: 11 (8%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 134 (92%)
Total votes: 145

I do not at all understand the longstanding "indie/underground" appeal of Neal Young. Few of his musical contemporaries or peers seem to have attained such respect. Plus, his stuff just bores me shitless. Also:

-His whiney, candy-ass, little-girly voice

-That "Let's Roll" sign-me-up for the Dubyajungen piece of shit

-That "Rocking in the Free World" piece of shit that I was forced to be party to covering, behind a drum set, on far too many instances from high-school thru college.

-Hearing his whiney, candy-ass, little-girly voice all too often - as he is a pop culture icon.

All Hail...

King CRAPmehameha,

I won't even try to dissuade the common reader from finding the last set of comments an innaccurate, irresponsible posting. For shame.

Neil Young. A very good man. A very strange bird. A very talented man.

Neil Young has "indie cred," as you say, because he walks his own walk, and stuck to his guns. Read a little bit about him. "Shakey" is an exceptional bio.

NOT CRAP, not at all.
But I digress. Please continue with the squirrel circuit semantic debate.

How is my original post inaccurate? I did not state any facts about the man that were untrue. How could it possibly be irresponsible? My statement is based solely on my own opinion and experiences hearing that man's music. Are the Neal Young Secret Police on their way to my house right now so that I may be hauled away and ReYoungducated at the Rolling Stone magazine corporate offices?

He may indeed be a very good man, an eccentric man, and perhaps a talented man. I can respect him for doing his "thing" his way and by his own rules. But, at any rate, in this forum I am entitled to one of two opinions, and since I cannot stand his music or his goddamn voice, I have chosen. Sorry to offend, but I'm sticking with CRAP!

geiginni wrote:How is my original post inaccurate? I did not state any facts about the man that were untrue. How could it possibly be irresponsible? My statement is based solely on my own opinion and experiences hearing that man's music. Are the Neal Young Secret Police on their way to my house right now so that I may be hauled away and ReYoungducated at the Rolling Stone magazine corporate offices?

He may indeed be a very good man, an eccentric man, and perhaps a talented man. I can respect him for doing his "thing" his way and by his own rules. But, at any rate, in this forum I am entitled to one of two opinions, and since I cannot stand his music or his goddamn voice, I have chosen. Sorry to offend, but I'm sticking with CRAP!

Who is Neal Young?
If it wasn't for landlords, there would have been no Karl Marx.

Oh come on, not crap.

In New Zealand they have a radio station called Radio Hauraki that plays "CLASSIC ROCK.........THAT ROCKS!!!!!"

Last time I was there I was waiting at some traffic lights in Auckland when Southern Man came on. I couldn't help myself singing SOUTHUURN MAAAAYUUN!!!! at the top of my voice much at the end of that first verse, much to the surprise of the people in the cars either side of me.

I agree with the point about "keep on rockin'" though.