Free The Ex show in Chicago

that damned fly wrote:
Piasek wrote:
Ace wrote:
Piasek wrote:i don't understand phenomen of this band. i mean they're ok, but not that great.

Oh they're great alright. try to get some of their stuff from 84-89, it seems like it would be up your alley.

i'll do that.
or the stuff steve did. also great.

Yeah, Starters Alternators is always a good starting point
Rick Reuben wrote:Marsupialized reminds me of freedom

Marsupialized wrote:Yeah, Starters Alternators is always a good starting point

It was my starting point and a great one.

I don't listen to it too often, but when I do it's pretty fantastic. Especially "Frenzy" and "Mother."

Did I mention that I adore Katrin's voice?
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

Groucho Marx wrote:Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Both shows were great, performance-wise. The Ex are apparently top-notch professionals in that regard. It was nice seeing them in the small venue and they played a bit longer on Sunday night, but the sound wasn't so good. It was weird to see them doing those crazy guitar noise moves and hardly being able to hear the guitars. Icy Demons were a great opening act as well. I've seen them once before and both shows were great.

The Millenium Park show was excellent all around. The attendance was better and the sound was terrific. The performance was equally amazing.

Took the day off on Wednesday.
driving out of this dump of a town and staying with a friend in North Jersey
spending the day in the city and then seeing these guys
(for the first time)
I'm really excited.

It would have been cool to have gone to the Chicago show and run into some of you wonderful people

-Christian
scott wrote:It was fun. We laughed, we cried, most of us shit ourselves as far as I know. What a world.