For free: Things.

Gantry wrote:Gantry wrote:Chicagoland OnlyI posted in the Hi-Fi thread about these Snell Acoustic Type C/II speakers I have, hand me down from my stepmom. See the link for more discussion about them, but they are pretty high end units and there are pictures of the foam coming off the woofers. I bought the woofer foam replacement kit but it's been sitting on top of the speakers for over a year now. They are huge and need some TLC that I'm not going to put forth, so I'll gladly give them to someone on the PRF. They are BIG but if I can put in my car I'll even bring them to you, which I'm doubting. If that's the case you'd have to pick up in Wheeling. I know they are quite valuable when repaired but I don't give a shit - donate money to the PRF fund if you must. I'd just like to see someone who would appreciate them give them a good home.If you want more/better pics or more detail on the condition, let me know.Bumping this as I still have the Snells - still have the repair kit sitting on top, still don't use them. If someone wants them speak up and they're free. Otherwise I'm putting them on Craigslist free. PM or my forum name at gmailIf someone is fearing doing a re-foam of the woofers there are a lot of great you tube videos. I was able to do it and if I can you can too (I can not overstate my lack of eye hand coordination and repair skills). It makes a great fall / winter repair project and you will feel higher self esteem every time you listen to tunes through them.

Gantry wrote:Chicagoland OnlyI posted in the Hi-Fi thread about these Snell Acoustic Type C/II speakers I have, hand me down from my stepmom. See the link for more discussion about them, but they are pretty high end units and there are pictures of the foam coming off the woofers. I bought the woofer foam replacement kit but it's been sitting on top of the speakers for over a year now. They are huge and need some TLC that I'm not going to put forth, so I'll gladly give them to someone on the PRF. They are BIG but if I can put in my car I'll even bring them to you, which I'm doubting. If that's the case you'd have to pick up in Wheeling. I know they are quite valuable when repaired but I don't give a shit - donate money to the PRF fund if you must. I'd just like to see someone who would appreciate them give them a good home.If you want more/better pics or more detail on the condition, let me know.Bumping this as I still have the Snells - still have the repair kit sitting on top, still don't use them. If someone wants them speak up and they're free. Otherwise I'm putting them on Craigslist free. PM or my forum name at gmail

Cross post from the Jesus Lizard C/NC:Have 2 tix to see TJL at Black Cat, DC tonight that I can't use. Planned to travel from New England to DC for the show but work and family issues have interfered. Show is sold out. PM me if interested.Offered for free but if you want to send me something cool as a barter, I won't say no.

Anyone in Chicago in need of baby furniture, specifically a changing table/dresser combo, and a matching wardrobe thingy? PM me if interested and I can send pix. Nice, solid construction, dark cherry stain. Yours for the price of "you come get this stuff and haul it away from my house."