Moderator: Greg

UFC

Crap
Total votes: 13 (76%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 4 (24%)
Total votes: 17

UFC UFC

Ike wrote:Well, that was just about the best night of fights I can remember, outside of the Jones one. The Askren/Masvidal fight was my everything. Nunes is a technician. Agreed.Nunes is everything they professed Rousey to be.I honestly don't think that fight should have even been set, but I suppose Holm deserved a chance if she wanted it.Looks like some decent fights coming up, too. There's been a long run of REALLY shitty PPVs...so let's see how this all turns out over the next four months.

UFC UFC

The entire Masvidal/Askren lead up, fight, outcome was an internet message board circa 2005 come to life. AmazingThere are no words for the knockout itself.Kind of hilarious how much more focused Jorge is after having that break and going on the jungle reality tv show. He said having no phone/distractions was really good for him.
HELLO!

Rodabod wrote:Post "hilarious" forum quote here.

UFC UFC

Ike wrote:Well, that was just about the best night of fights I can remember, outside of the Jones one. I think Jones lost that fight, if only narrowly--I bet Santos blew his knee out. The Askren/Masvidal fight was my everything. Nunes is a technician. UFC 239 was the first time I've ever watched an MMA event at a bar and the first time I watched an MMA event w my girlfriend. Went surprisingly well. I was still laughing an hour after Masvidal/Askren. Hours later. God how I laughed. Nunes is obv the GOAT female MMA athlete, and also probably hard to market for the UFC as a down-to-earth Brazilian lesbian who doesn't give a shit about horny male eyes. She's knocked out every hot straight white American fighter the UFC can put in front of her, and Cyborg too. Dana White must hate it.Jones/Santos was defensive and boring. My girlfriend had never watched an MMA fight in her life, but I'd given her the facts on Jones' record, and after the first round she was like, "I think Santos is winning. This undefeated Boney Joney is boring and defensive." Santos' knee was wrecked as it turns out, like Ike said.

UFC UFC

PREDICTIONS: Holloway has so much reach on Edgar. I think he's gonna do what he did to Ortega and just punch him one million times. Cyborg's fight is gonna be interesting. How shook is she from her last loss? Personally I think she's gonna rip Felecia Spencer's head off and I think it is a gonna be brutal. QUITE stoked for this card.

UFC UFC

Holloway has spent like a week in Edmonton w his family and team sightseeing before the fight, which is charming. Must be the most likable fighter in MMA. "We always come early. You gotta checkout the grocery stores, see what time they open." Commence footage of playing around in an aerial park 5 stories off the ground in the river valley and walking up to a 2,000-pound bison at Elk Island National Park. Max to his coaches: Don't get too close.Also Max: I'll give you a hundred dollars if you touch it. Just touch it. They're staying at a hotel I worked at when I was 18 and they did open workouts at the Starlight Room, which is where I grew up seeing SNFU and NoMeansNo, going to all ages shows in the early 90s when it was called The Bronx. Nirvana played there for $6. Cyborg is a -700 favorite and I don't see how Spencer stands a chance. Likewise, Holloway is a -400 favorite. So neither fight is that interesting to me, but you never know.

UFC UFC

I m really underwhelmed with the card, tbh.Normally would be rooting for Frankie to pull off an upset but it s Max. http://heavyhands.libsyn.com/Thought I would link this here. Maybe some know it. Really good (the best?) weekly mma chat/analysis by two guys that sound like they post here.Anyone watch that Ryan Hall fight a couple weeks ago? Ryan Hall might be the biggest outlier in mma ” Andrew!
HELLO!

Rodabod wrote:Post "hilarious" forum quote here.

UFC UFC

gonna be checking into that heavy hands stuff sometime, thx mc. i really dont enjoy watching most of youtubes mma analysts.. although it is always super interesting to hear fighters thoughts comments predictions etc.glad to hear habibs back in action. big fan.

UFC UFC

I thought the last three fights were pretty exciting (one undercard one was solid, too--can't remember the names because there are TOO MANY PEOPLE FIGHTING IN THE UFC). The Neal/Price fight was really good. Super wild. Holloway is so goddamn charming in ever way. Hope he stays at 145 and just cleans house perpetually. It's gonna be some gooooooood shit coming up!