Band: Can

Crap
Total votes: 5 (7%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 69 (93%)
Total votes: 74

Band: Can Band: Can

Christ, NOT CRAP.One of my first proper life-changing discoveries when I was a teenager (found that Anthology double CD in the local library and played it to death) and they remain one of my biggest musical influences. I go through periods where I don't listen to them but I think that's a good thing, because when I check them out after a break I fall in love with their music all over again, at least everything up until Damo left apart from "I Want More" (which is a colossal banger!).I've really been digging them again because of two things: my favourite podcast (one that covers old Top Of The Pops episodes) featured the episode with Can performing "I Want More" and everyone was rightly 100% Can and 100% anti-Noel Edmonds for his shit "top tin" joke; secondly, me and the wife watched Deep End again a few nights ago and it still holds up. The bit that's edited to "Mother Sky" is perfect (and it features Bert Kwouk which makes it even better) and Jane Asher is so bloody gorgeous it makes your heart break.Also, while I'm in an indecipherable frame on mind, check out this lovely video of Malcolm and Damo meeting for the first time (some of it's dubbed into German but it's still lovely to see):