All Purpose Horror Interest Thread

RSMurphy wrote:The most fun you'll ever have being scared. That's a tall order with Trick 'r Treat (and the possibility of it's sequel) in existence, but it looks like they're giving it a run for its money. Consider Shudder subscription renewed.I haven't watched this trailer yet (youtube doesn't work at work) but pleeeeeeease tell me they didn't just remake the same 5 short stories. They did other ones, right?

yeah lalala i thought id grow up and have new avenues to explore but it s a generation of fanboy second bests... wow will they recreate creepshow with leslie neilson and adreine barbaeau ofcourse not... that s are like little kids picking up thier dadas musical instrument and pretending it s horror or art or whatever lane thing they were going for instead of learning their placeI m sick of effing fanboys remakes... create something yourself you indoor nerd wannabes... hitchcock would be killing his own self over this lack of wannabe nonsenseooo im taranrino a blockhuster nerd employee who saw enough movie to tapestry a few god one but people buy into his false crossing over with john edwards act thinking he know a damn about sharon tate the stupid mother eff really truly making a movie for old guys to still feel relevant and squeeze the sharon tate story in there like a motherfuck truth is without sorcese playing faves the best girl was cherie from 30rock cause if you k ow anything about sharon tate it s her eyes...ai tried to post some pics but my phone is actin up... decide for yourselves on another hollywood botch jobit s like... go ahead and pretend to make guy cool movies tarantino but stop pretending to feed dialogue to a real down ass bitch you re too nerd to have ever understood

it s just that... go ahead and have your male hardon about hollywood and make a whole movie but don t stick my beauty sharon tate in there as an afterthought simply because she died horrifically... it s so blasé and illustrates how sloppy a male director who knows nothing about women actually is, the way the all are fed dialogue is raciss but you d have to get over your own jane affliction to understand what I m talking about but believe me though, i went to the same film college as roger ebert and studied my little jane butt off and i know from whence i speak... and even without all that, in highschool

in highschool my favorite movie was valley of the dolls and i grew to love sharon tate as an actress before finding out her horrific death, maybe I m the only girl who knows her first this way but you can t simply be a director with clout and stick a name in a movie and pretend on social media that you re givig a voice to someone when it s margo lame robie who we ve been sick of since pan am to replace a true American icon... no way baby , not while jane is timebecause you just don t effing do that!!!

We watched Typewriter on Netflix last night, and it was pretty fun. Indian cast, mostly Hindi-language story about a bunch of kids and a haunted typewriter. Wasn't crazy horror heavy, more like a horror comedy, but we dug it. It's kind of dumb and has a bunch of subplots that go nowhere, but it was a show about a haunted typewriter, so make of that what you will. I thought the kid actors were great, and it was nice seeing a bollywood-leaning movie without all the unnecessary musical numbers. I got a lot of mileage out of it because I speak Hindi, so fact-checking the subtitles was fun, and watching something where it's a bunch of brown folks as opposed to whites-a-poppin' was nice, too. I forgot that "chaar-sau-bees" is slang for crook, but literally translates to "420". Between that, the word "ganja" and the word "thug", I'd say y'all need to puff puff pass on the appropriation. Good times.
kerble is right.