Re: I used to actually like that movie?

Boondock Saints. I feel deep shame about this because it's so bad.
Natural Born Killers is another good one. As a teenager i didn't like it and automatically assumed i wasn't intelligent enough to understand it. I tried to convince myself i liked it and put it in my "things i like that identify me" handbag for a brief period because i thought it would make me appear more sophisticated. I pretended to like Natural Born Killers for an audience that didn't exist.

Probably other Oliver Stone movies.

The one where Harrison Ford was framed and the villain has a bionic arm. "Framed". I liked that when young.

Happyman wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:09 amNatural Born Killers is another good one. As a teenager i didn't like it and automatically assumed i wasn't intelligent enough to understand it. I tried to convince myself i liked it and put it in my "things i like that identify me" handbag for a brief period because i thought it would make me appear more sophisticated. I pretended to like Natural Born Killers for an audience that didn't exist.
Ah, done this with several things.
born to give

Happyman wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:09 am The one where Harrison Ford was framed and the villain has a bionic arm. "Framed". I liked that when young.
Are you referring to The Fugitive?

There are a few scenes in that film that are far-fetched (but, really, what blockbuster action film doesn't have scenes like this?), but I think the film holds up really well. If it's on TV, I'll definitely keep it on.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

Happyman wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:09 am Boondock Saints. I feel deep shame about this because it's so bad.
Natural Born Killers is another good one. As a teenager i didn't like it and automatically assumed i wasn't intelligent enough to understand it. I tried to convince myself i liked it and put it in my "things i like that identify me" handbag for a brief period because i thought it would make me appear more sophisticated. I pretended to like Natural Born Killers for an audience that didn't exist.

Probably other Oliver Stone movies.

The one where Harrison Ford was framed and the villain has a bionic arm. "Framed". I liked that when young.
Yeah, Boondock Saints is definitely another one - OUFF I guess I had blocked that one out.

I loved NBK visually, and the soundtrack was seemingly made for me at that time.
But yeah, Stone goes way off the rails and it's a spectacular piece of crap.

I re-watched the 90's Fugitive recently and still enjoyed it.
DIY and die anyway.

Jimbo wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:06 pm Revenge of the Nerds is at the top
This was on TV recently. I can quote most of the movie from past viewings, and I still like a good deal of this movie including the premise, but.. Lewis conning Betty into having sex with him?! It’s difficult to disagree with you.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)