War! What is it good for, huh!

The thread where we talk about war.

So here we go again in Israel/Palestine . This is going to get serious.

War in Eastern Europe…

War = bad

This likely full blown war in Israel is incredibly bad. The retaliation by Israel will be horrendous.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

Re: War! What is it good for, huh!

The never ending Israel/Palestine thing is obviously exhausting for the ongoing human misery but (less importantly) exhausting in terms of ethical clarity. Palestine has very legitimate complaints and yet the actions of Hamas are often indefensible and strategically foolish. Likewise Israel is an oppressive state committing apartheid yet there are Israeli people who share this perspective and are potentially in harm's way as well.

ChudFusk wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:41 am I don't know anything about recent developments, but sometimes I wonder if Hamas is run or at least infiltrated by Mossad operatives.
Or at very least, easily manipulated by the Mossad. This is a convenient war for the Likudniks, and could conceivably shore up public opinion behind Netayahu as a strong wartime leader rather than the Trumpian, would-be fascist, global embarassment he was finally, rightly being seen as.

biscuitdough wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:46 am
ChudFusk wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:41 am I don't know anything about recent developments, but sometimes I wonder if Hamas is run or at least infiltrated by Mossad operatives.
Or at very least, easily manipulated by the Mossad. This is a convenient war for the Likudniks, and could conceivably shore up public opinion behind Netayahu as a strong wartime leader rather than the Trumpian, would-be fascist, global embarassment he was finally, rightly being seen as.
This isn't going to be like Bibi's previous wars/operations. This is even more serious. Israelis are on X saying this is the worst day in the nation's history. I have to think Iran and or Russia were involved in such a terrorism operation