Re: My new youtube channel...discellany...

indiegrab_360 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:09 pm Just checked out the YT page... i.e. OP... Looking good!!!
You earned a sub from me based on the layout, thumbnails and content.
I also love to learn about music that's within the scope of what I'm already mildly familiar with, i.e. Alternative music, and finding obscure stuff from certain eras (60s, 70s, 80s).
Thanks a lot! Really appreciate the sub, and the feedback RE: content, thumbs, etc.

I've had a bit of a down month with respect to uploads - heavy disruption due to some building/repair work at home, and now, after nearly 3 years of good health, a case of covid. Hoping to pick things up again in the coming weeks, as soon as I'm feeling a little better. The recent John Cale primer went down pretty well (by my very modest metrics!), and I have a two-part Wire primer in the pipeline that I'm really looking forward to putting together.
"What am I gonna do with 40 subscriptions to Vibe?"

I talk disjointed music-related guff over here. You're welcome.

the letter o wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:28 am
indiegrab_360 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:09 pm Just checked out the YT page... i.e. OP... Looking good!!!
You earned a sub from me based on the layout, thumbnails and content.
I also love to learn about music that's within the scope of what I'm already mildly familiar with, i.e. Alternative music, and finding obscure stuff from certain eras (60s, 70s, 80s).
Thanks a lot! Really appreciate the sub, and the feedback RE: content, thumbs, etc.

I've had a bit of a down month with respect to uploads - heavy disruption due to some building/repair work at home, and now, after nearly 3 years of good health, a case of covid. Hoping to pick things up again in the coming weeks, as soon as I'm feeling a little better. The recent John Cale primer went down pretty well (by my very modest metrics!), and I have a two-part Wire primer in the pipeline that I'm really looking forward to putting together.
I need to watch some of these! I liked the ones I did. Been offline a lot, but it is good to have things socked away for lazy nights.

Been a busy April on the channel...I've been readjusting to a weekly upload schedule, trying the whole "work smarter not harder" angle. Did a mini-Wire season (four videos, one linked below) and, just yesterday, a shorter video in my loosely EP-themed series, this one about "Chronic Town" (also below). I'm parking my self-respect and leaning into the whole goofy thumbnail thing (if it helps, who cares?), but trying to keep things tight, light and informative. Seeing a bit of an uptick in engagement, so feeling encouraged after a bit of a "why-am-I-doing-this" moment last month.

Anyway, do stop by!

OK, shit got real over the last 2-3 weeks. Had a bit of a "hit" (relatively speaking) with the following video, which has put this endeavour closer to "serious" than I ever thought it would...

...It's currently approaching nearly 16K views, and has put the channel well over halfway to YouTube's monetization targets. In all honesty, I never dreamed I would reach this point this quickly when I started out. If you're one of those who've watched, subscribed, liked or otherwise, then my sincerest thanks.

I'm skating close to "DeMarco" territory here, which wasn't something I was planning on, but from the responses I've been getting, there's clearly a market out there for avowedly non-Blues-Lawyer gear videos. Currently in a holding pattern and sweating on follow-up. Yikes.

TLO/D

Mucho infrequent bump here for this venture. I find the guitar/demo stuff just a bit too much to reproduce on a regular basis, so settling back into the less-regular "just talking about" type stuff of late. Finally built up the nerve to tackle The Fall recently, which is here...

...I'll be doing a Part 2 covering 1990-2017 at some point, once I've cleared my head.

As ever, thanks!

Still doing this, albeit at a more relaxed pace to fit in with, well, life. Chasing the algorithm, I've decided, is a mug's game.

So this year I'm doing a semi-journaling-type project...LOL:52. It's my "lifetime of listening", an album selection every week this year to mark my 52 years on the planet, one from every year from 1972, right up to the present. These are all quick 5-6 minute videos, not too deep, quick to make, and quite fun to put together. Here's the latest video in this series. Week 6, 1977...

Cheers!