Which X ?

Aspirations (aust)
Total votes: 4 (33%)
Los Angeles (duh)
Total votes: 8 (67%)
Total votes: 12

X-dome: Aspirations or Los Angeles?

Two great debuts by two late 70s legends on opposite sides of the globe. As an Aussie I’ve got a firm foot in X-Aspirations camp. Those fellas put some muscle and swagger into the punk rock template and made a low key masterpiece. On the other hand Los Angeles was equally inventive - bit of twang, a bit of art and duelling vocals.

How do you like yr X served?
Last edited by Iancee on Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: X-dome: Aspirations or Los Angeles?

Iancee wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:28 am Two great debuts by two late 70s legends on opposite sides of the globe. As an Aussie I’ve got a firm foot in X-Aspirations camp. Those fellas put some muscle and swagger into the punk rock template and made a low key masterpiece. On the other hand Los Angeles was equally inventive - bit of twang, a bit of art and duelling vocals.

How do you like yr X served?
Many years ago, after learning that there was another X, I listened to this album. Honestly don't remember much about it. Given that I turned 14 in 1980 while living in Los Angeles, my vote was always going to be DJ/Billy/John/Exene, but honestly, that first record of theirs kicks ass and was like nothing else going on in that scene at that time.

Also, poll?
"And the light, it burns your skin...in a language you don't understand."