Re: The All New Gear Liquidation Thread

Orange Rockerverb 50 2x12 Combo (Mk I)

I posted this to FB and IG, so some of you may have seen this. I bought a broken Orange Rockerverb 2 x 12" combo. I fixed it up and it sounds great. it had that slightly fuzzy, mid rich high gain sound. The clean channel is Vox-ish. For instance, it has the same tone stack values as an AC30 Top Boost.

However, there are still a few things that make it not-perfect; there are some crackly pots, the background idle noise seems slightly louder than I'd expect (I don't know if it's normal). The clean channel has a different type of knob. There are a few dings. This amp was taken out into the world.

This is the version that uses 4 6V6 tubes for the power amp. It can run two EL34 with a bias adjustment. I've replaced a few noisy tubes as part of the repair. It would probably improve with fresh tubes in the rest of the slots.

Since it's in B grade condition, I'm asking $900. Sorry. No shipping.. it's very heavy. It's in Los Angeles, and I may be driving to the Bay Area in the next month or so. I'm happy to hold on to it if anyone is ever touring out here or planning a vacation. Let me know... I can work with you.

Pics:

Thanks!

I have a lot of Ibanez DM Series rackmount delays that I'm selling on eBay.
SOLD

This is still available:
I'm also selling a Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe that used to belong to Walter Becker (!). Very easily the best tremolo I've ever heard--also great chorus and vibrato. I have another one that I used all the time in Bottomless Pit and Sunn (even just as a preamp sometimes). This one is in better shape than my main one, works great. $400 here, will be more like $500 on Reverb when I get around to it.
Last edited by eephus on Sun May 05, 2024 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

2x Oktava MK-012 / MC-012 SDC microphones.. These both have the Dorsey mod. Both work like they should, with some minor cosmetic issues:
1) Both have slight dents on the capsule edges, doesn't effect performance.
2) Both are missing one of the three screws that hold the body shell on. Doesn't effect performance.

One of them is labeled "MK-012-01", the other "MC 012-01." Both look virtually identical inside, and they're definitely Russian-made, not one of the Chinese knock-offs.

$150 each shipped, or $290 for the pair. EDIT: SOLD
Last edited by Nate Dort on Fri May 10, 2024 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nate Dort wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:13 pm These both have the Dorsey mod. What is the Dorsey Mod?

Both look virtually identical inside, and they're definitely Russian-made, not one of the Chinese knock-offs.

I've only ever run into 1 Chinese knock off in the wild. We compared it to my "legit" Silver dimple Oktavas and no one in the room could tell a difference between them. Curious how much of the scare about these is boogy man stuff.

P.S. I'm considering taking these off your hands. Just have no justification for buying any more Oktavas other than I love them, Especially as top/bottom tom mics.
Was Japmn.

New OST project: https://japmn.bandcamp.com/album/flight-ost
https://japmn.bandcamp.com/album/numberwitch
https://boneandbell.com/site/music.html