Bush - Glycerine
Total votes: 2 (6%)
Live - Lightning Crashes
Total votes: 12 (35%)
Everclear - Santa Monica
Total votes: 2 (6%)
Total votes: 34

Re: Worst Mid-90's Mega-Hit

penningtron wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:49 pm Well shit I'm looking this up now..
Health insurance, rip off lying
FDA, big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around, we'll kick your asses
The whole song reads like proto-ChatGPT word salad, except 'asses' comes out of nowhere with its non-rhyme. And no one is kicking any asses to this dentist office bullshit.
If it’s any consolation, I think he might say “we’ll kick your ass in,” which is a near rhyme.
self: https://tommiles.bandcamp.com/
old: https://shiiin.bandcamp.com/

Time to go live with this. I am sorry if I miscategorized/excluded your favorite band. The research is ongoing.

First of all I know the flaming lips are a problem. In the mid 90s (which I tried to focus on) they straddled the line between funny/serious better than anyone, and they could do it without annoying. Later is when we got annoyed. But to ignore them would be blatant.

I also hate to ignore goo goo dolls, having discussed them more than anyone. But are they catchy? Usually on that question I’ll defer to millions of radio listeners. But their crap is just so bland. At least try to throw in a guitar solo or a keyboard lick or something. Let me know you’re a real person. (Isn’t that the theme of city of angels? Haven’t seen it.)

I know Zappa is wrong era, but no one else fits that sector better.

On the question of annoying, I did not defer to the opinion of millions of radio listeners. It’s simply my opinion.

Huh, thought you guys were talking about the English IDM/electronic concern LFO (as in, low frequency oscillator), the one on Warp. Was gonna say, memory's hazy but . . . I don't remember them being offensive. But nope! Turns out there was another group by this name, an American one. I'd never heard of them but just listened. The verdict: almost as bad as G. Love & Special Sauce ("Muh bay-bee gawht sauwwwssss!").
ZzzZzzZzzz . . .

OK, so despite which individual song is actually the worst, Oasis has to be the DUMBEST fucking band. Like those guys are morons. Need proof? The name of the band is fucking OASIS. I will admit to enjoying "Supersonic" occasionally but come on. They haven't an original idea in their tiny heads. They even ripped of "I'd like to teach the world to sing." FFS.

I'm also disappointed that no one has piled on the Bare Naked Ladies. Come on folks. Do better.

Per the poll Live is probably the worst.
https://genaumke.bandcamp.com/

DaveA wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 3:32 pm Huh, thought you guys were talking about the English IDM/electronic concern LFO (as in, low frequency oscillator), the one on Warp. Was gonna say, memory's hazy but . . . I don't remember them being offensive. But nope! Turns out there was another group by this name, an American one. I'd never heard of them but just listened. The verdict: almost as bad as G. Love & Special Sauce ("Muh bay-bee gawht sauwwwssss!").
I remember liking the UK LFO on Warp quite a bit though I haven't listened to them in 30 years and thus have no idea if theyv'e held up well. Didn't know about the US LFO either; I guess they were one of several US acts from that era who never registered here in sweden. See also:Sublime, Hootie, Dave Matthews Band etc.