Re: Would y'all mind if we keep asking Cancer to Go Fuck Itself?

PASTA wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:16 pm Well, after a long run of incredible victories, todays MRI hinted at a possible set back. There's definitely some cellular growth in the resection cavity. Whether or not it's cancerous (yet) is to be determined by the Tumor Board. Based on how it looks in imaging it's not, but could very likely become it. My N.O. and I have agreed to start a new treatment. A growth inhibitor called Tibsivo. Which is a repurposed leukemia treatment. NOT CHEMO!!! We've always known this day was highly likely, thankfully it waited till an entire new range of less invasive and more tolerable treatments are becoming available.
Oh man. Absolute best wishes and good oscillations to you for giving this the what-for. Sending all the love to yinz all.
snwv | streak.club | weekly beats | twitch

hbiden@onlyfans.com wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:00 am
Gramsci wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:23 am Cheers man

It’s weird, ever since the big “bad news” everything within that has been as positive as it can be. I’m not sure how I’ll cope when the news stops being so (relatively) positive but that’s a bridge to cross when I get to it.

Oh, and Sox cap it is
You picked the wrong team to take your mind off bad news😄
But that logo never goes out of style.
Ha! I know. I actually started really getting into baseball, fantastic sport. But might have picked the wrong team… what a dire start to the season 😬

But one must stick with their team winning or losing.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

PASTA wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:16 pm Well, after a long run of incredible victories, todays MRI hinted at a possible set back. There's definitely some cellular growth in the resection cavity. Whether or not it's cancerous (yet) is to be determined by the Tumor Board. Based on how it looks in imaging it's not, but could very likely become it. My N.O. and I have agreed to start a new treatment. A growth inhibitor called Tibsivo. Which is a repurposed leukemia treatment. NOT CHEMO!!! We've always known this day was highly likely, thankfully it waited till an entire new range of less invasive and more tolerable treatments are becoming available.
I’m really sorry to hear this. You really have all my best vibes coming your way.

I’m day 11 post stem cell transplant and holy fuck this has been hard. The fatigue is otherworldly. Every time I think I’ve hit bottom there’s another floor below.

My chemo is one massive swing then I’m done. I started crying talk to my clinician yesterday when we discussed other types of blood cancer that are far tougher with long chemo treatments. I can’t imagine this being normal for months or years.

To those of you and your families that have gone long term chemo… you’re incredible people.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

I should add that the NHS has been incredible. From
The current media environment I was expecting this time to be… bumpy.

But it’s been the opposite. Attentive, kind, professional people everywhere I’ve turned. The hospitals are modern, clean and dare I say feel like a private healthcare provider. I’m currently in private room with my own bathroom and an incredible view across London towards Regent’s Park.

Money or insurance has never been mentioned.

The care from everyone from nursing assistants to senior haematologists has made me never doubt I’ll get through this. The NHS in the UK is close to a national religion and I’ve been completely humbled by my experience.

Gramsci wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:16 pm
I’m really sorry to hear this. You really have all my best vibes coming your way.

I’m day 11 post stem cell transplant and holy fuck this has been hard. The fatigue is otherworldly. Every time I think I’ve hit bottom there’s another floor below.

My chemo is one massive swing then I’m done. I started crying talk to my clinician yesterday when we discussed other types of blood cancer that are far tougher with long chemo treatments. I can’t imagine this being normal for months or years.

To those of you and your families that have gone long term chemo… you’re incredible people.
My wife has 8 months to go on “maintenance” chemo, and just had a stop because of unexplained high liver enzymes and low neutrophils. It totally is a slog, even though it’s better than the 8 months of inpatient chemo two years ago.
I only say this in that having done all that, we still have a heavy respect for those that have done the stem cell transplant - it’s different but a huge challenge in its own right and you’re absolutely incredible.

Gramsci wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:38 pm I should add that the NHS has been incredible. From
The current media environment I was expecting this time to be… bumpy.

But it’s been the opposite. Attentive, kind, professional people everywhere I’ve turned. The hospitals are modern, clean and dare I say feel like a private healthcare provider. I’m currently in private room with my own bathroom and an incredible view across London towards Regent’s Park.

Money or insurance has never been mentioned.

The care from everyone from nursing assistants to senior haematologists has made me never doubt I’ll get through this. The NHS in the UK is close to a national religion and I’ve been completely humbled by my experience.
Man that’s awesome. The things that get built, that people try to tear down are heartbreaking.

TylerDeadPine wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:33 am My wife has 8 months to go on “maintenance” chemo, and just had a stop because of unexplained high liver enzymes and low neutrophils. It totally is a slog, even though it’s better than the 8 months of inpatient chemo two years ago.
I only say this in that having done all that, we still have a heavy respect for those that have done the stem cell transplant - it’s different but a huge challenge in its own right and you’re absolutely incredible.
Myeloma has its “ups” verses some other blood cancers with treatment being one big swing then management… there’s also new T Cell Immunotherapy treatments that are working well. The big “down” is it’s currently incurable and the “big swing” is really a chemo hammering. I had once big dose and it’s not just killed the cancer but anything else that vaguely divides quickly. Mouth to stomach to gut… just stripped out. I’m currently without any functioning immune system which is crazy. I’ve had an artificial one pumped into me for the pasted 48 hours…

Still, this will pass and even in a week I’ll likely be looking back thinking “that was weird”

Gramsci wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:24 am
TylerDeadPine wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:33 am My wife has 8 months to go on “maintenance” chemo, and just had a stop because of unexplained high liver enzymes and low neutrophils. It totally is a slog, even though it’s better than the 8 months of inpatient chemo two years ago.
Myeloma has its “ups” verses some other blood cancers with treatment being one big swing then management… there’s also new T Cell Immunotherapy treatments that are working well. The big “down” is it’s currently incurable and the “big swing” is really a chemo hammering. I had once big dose and it’s not just killed the cancer but anything else that vaguely divides quickly. Mouth to stomach to gut… just stripped out. I’m currently without any functioning immune system which is crazy. I’ve had an artificial one pumped into me for the pasted 48 hours…

Still, this will pass and even in a week I’ll likely be looking back thinking “that was weird”
Yeah the leukemia treatment is similar, often with a couple big swings. The mucositis and mouth pain was rough. The bone pain from the artificial immune response is also no joke. Neutropenic fever sucks, and family needs to be so careful to not give you anything they pick up meandering the hospital.
It’s all trash.
But some incredible things are pulled off. The TCell therapies are wild. My spouse had TCell cancer so less options there but even then new things coming out.

My only hope for AI is it helps all of this.

Gramsci wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:08 pm
hbiden@onlyfans.com wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:00 am
Gramsci wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:23 am Cheers man

It’s weird, ever since the big “bad news” everything within that has been as positive as it can be. I’m not sure how I’ll cope when the news stops being so (relatively) positive but that’s a bridge to cross when I get to it.

Oh, and Sox cap it is
You picked the wrong team to take your mind off bad news😄
But that logo never goes out of style.
Ha! I know. I actually started really getting into baseball, fantastic sport. But might have picked the wrong team… what a dire start to the season 😬

But one must stick with their team winning or losing.
Bad doesn’t even begin to describe chicagos monumental collapse. I’m witnessing history.
Speaking of history, seattle still has never been to the World Series. I know the pain. But it’s annual.