Re: Nice

Two more.

I think these are the last two, then we'll probably start working on them in earnest. I consider some of them "done" for the most part, while others could be rerecorded, but otherwise the idea is there. I think we could edit a few more out and make it a tighter "album".

Re: Nice

It's been quite the year having another kid, getting a new drummer up to speed, and reworking a lot of songs we wrote the majority of pre-pandemic. I spent a lot of time tweaking things in my home studio working on demos before the kiddo appeared and some during paternity. The latter-recorded songs are way better production-wise, as I got better at using the studio and mixing. Despite all the imperfections, I feel like these songs are pretty good to share. They are for the most part practices, but since we practiced in the studio, we had everything set up to multitrack. These are all one takes, warts and all. I love some of the flubs. Some of them are so good they've been worked back into the songs.

This year our goal is to record a proper album. I can't believe I'm saying this, but it's been five years in the making.