" Dance" music that is actually good

johnnyshape wrote:
newberry wrote: Is there a "Dance" section at record stores?

There often is in the UK.

The 'dance' branch of the Record & Tape Exchange (huge, frustrating complex of 2nd hand shops in Notting Hell) used to have dividers for all sorts of genres that I have never seen or heard of anywhere else. 'Ladbroke Groove' was a good one.

I worked for the Record and Tape exchange for a week. It was a really nice job but the boss is a hire and fire hairtrigger motherfucker. I accidentally sent a call through to his office as opposed to someone else - fucker fired me. My first week. Cunt.

Just thought I'd share that.

This is the excellent new video for a good friend of mine's even excellenter new song. I guess he would fit in to the category of "dance music". Highly recommended - an incredibly talented guy. Please watch, blinduncledallas!
Rick Reuben wrote:
daniel robert chapman wrote:I think he's gone to bed, Rick.
He went to bed about a decade ago, or whenever he sold his soul to the bankers and the elites.

John CIV wrote:
johnnyshape wrote:
newberry wrote: Is there a "Dance" section at record stores?

There often is in the UK.

The 'dance' branch of the Record & Tape Exchange (huge, frustrating complex of 2nd hand shops in Notting Hell) used to have dividers for all sorts of genres that I have never seen or heard of anywhere else. 'Ladbroke Groove' was a good one.

I worked for the Record and Tape exchange for a week. It was a really nice job but the boss is a hire and fire hairtrigger motherfucker. I accidentally sent a call through to his office as opposed to someone else - fucker fired me. My first week. Cunt.

Just thought I'd share that.

Total motherfuckers, employment-wise. Make you do fucking written tests instead of interviews. I 'passed' and did most of a day at the video exchange. I'd worked in a video store but had a film related degree so was no stranger to this shite. called me back later that day.
"yeah, just didn't work out"
"what? in what way?"
"just.. didn't click"

Total cockbags. Make you jump through hoops and then work for free as a trial. I think this kind of attitude is standard across the board for them, not just whichever store you were in.
Credo!