Seriously Compressing the Dumbshit

Facundo wrote:Jacques Tati in Color = Fail^^^ Some straight-up bullshit this stoned guy's peddling, unless he's making a shrewd joke about the unearthed color version of Jour de Fete that was shot simultaneously with the OG b&w one.To belabor the point... Mon Oncle is, like, the 2nd or 3rd best film he made. A rare case of the winner of Best Foreign Film deserving it.In terms of visual aplomb and formal composition, Playtime looks better than literally every other color movie you could compare it to. If I were selling flatscreen TVs I'd just put the Criterion blu-ray of Playtime on and be done with it. It looks cooler than anything shot by Kubrick, Hitchcock, or Scorsese. It also boasts an original concept and very refined humor for a commercial release (likely the reason it flopped at the box office and marked the beginning of the end for him).With Trafic, yes, then we start seeing the first real diminishing returns in Tati's oeuvre, and unlike Playtime it doesn't always at least engender curiosity where the humor seems diffuse. But Trafic still looks swell and is more entertaining than most movies. I'd give it about a 6.8.Parade is... merely okay, not on par with his well known, more narrative-based work. Am still glad he made it.