Electrical Guitar Company

I ve realized this after dealing with it myself, but I m convinced a lot of the tuning problems people have with these things partly rests with the super flat neck. Compared to other guitars, it s easier to fret too hard with your left hand and pull it out of tune. I ve noticed it is less a problem with thicker necks and more tension, say from heavier strings. On that note you should expect to have to practice a lot if you don t get on with it right away. Little mistakes or issues with technique reveal themselves pretty clearly. The low and high end is so vast that you also might find yourself using amp EQ to dampen, rather that boost certain frequencies. EGCs are like nothing else, so I would expect a learning curve. A three year wait is pretty nuts - I didn t realize it was taking that long these days.
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

lumpenprole wrote:tallchris wrote:lumpenprole wrote:Sooo, I've come into some unexpected money and I'm thinking about taking the plunge. Any advice before I drop my wages of sin?Biggest questions/concerns before jumping in:1. Can you hang with the thin neck? Seems like many folks don't get used to it and end up passing it on. I think the newer ones have a more comfortable stock neck now that the fretboard is radiused (earlier thin necks had a flat radius). I think the Denison or Spencer neck shapes are easier if you're used to typical Fender or Gibson baseball bat necks.2. The wait. I'm going on three years since I ordered my Series 2. I don't really play guitar in a band, and I acquired a Tyranny since that time, so I'm fine, but I know some people can't hang.If you don't have specific body shape/pickups/neck profile you're going for, I'd say either pick a used one off Reverb/Ebay (or the Aluminum Axes F'book group) or wait for Kevin to post a new build on Instagram/Reverb (seems like he posts 1-2 for sale everyone couple of months).They're amazing guitars. I've been playing my bass again, and our guitarist has been rocking the Tyranny and they're both amazing instruments.Ieeee. Three years? I was expecting a 6-8 month wait, but that's... wow.Well, I went ahead and wrote them and they're saying the guitar I want would be a 6-8 month wait, as it's pretty standard. I can deal with that. I think I'm going to go with a powder coat, as it seems the easiest to maintain and the shiny is a bit flashy for me. So, now I have to pick a color. My brain is frozen.

Tommy wrote:tallchris wrote:Tommy wrote:lumpenprole wrote:So, now I have to pick a color. My brain is frozen.Go with a bright color. I don't see enough of those. So many chrome, natural, and black.I went w/ f*ck me red as it looks awesome on the TBs and the early TB500 style EGC they recently posted.Great color. I really, really want a TB500 in a deep blue-green type color - maybe RAL 5021 or 5025This is what I'm thinking a deep green metal flake. I have a sparkle gold and a sparkle blue, so you know, continue the trend.

tallchris wrote:Tommy wrote:lumpenprole wrote:So, now I have to pick a color. My brain is frozen.Go with a bright color. I don't see enough of those. So many chrome, natural, and black.I went w/ f*ck me red as it looks awesome on the TBs and the early TB500 style EGC they recently posted.Great color. I really, really want a TB500 in a deep blue-green type color - maybe RAL 5021 or 5025