Upcoming shows in Chicago

There are several shows coming up, all at the Empty Bottle, featuring bands that are good.

Bands that I have heard and know are good, or haven't heard and suspect are good, are in bold. The other bands on these bills might be good, too.

None of these bands sound like Tar, Tad, Tap, Top, Tip, or Taz.

Friday, 9-15
Otto
Dengue Fever

Wednesday, 9-20
Tim Hecker
Rhys Chatam's Essentialist
Jandek

Thursday, 9-21
Edan
Badgerlore
Hive Mind
Coughs

Friday, 9-22
Tetine
Colleen
Yellow Swans
Spires That In The Sunset Rise

Saturday, 9-23
Om
Subtle

The Punks (you probably won't like The Punks, but they will probably only play for about 10 minutes)
Paul Flaherty/Frank Rosaly Duo

Sunday, 9-24
Steinski
Hamid Drake/William Parker Duo
Trapist
Kayo Dot

Hey, there is also a big "world music" festival going on as well, at Logan Square. I bet a lot of that music is good, even though it is called "world music."

The term "world music": CRAP

Hey -

If anyone's going to be at the Pelican show on Friday night, I'll be there. EA forum friends get one cheap beer on me each.

How will you recognize me? Hmmm. I'll be the nerdy looking white guy with glasses, probably in a black t-shirt. So that'll narrow it down to about 3/4 of the crowd.

Okay,

= Justin

PS - If Jay Ryan's there, I'll be the one stealing his wallet.

Justin from Queens wrote:Hey -

If anyone's going to be at the Pelican show on Friday night, I'll be there. EA forum friends get one cheap beer on me each.

How will you recognize me? Hmmm. I'll be the nerdy looking white guy with glasses, probably in a black t-shirt. So that'll narrow it down to about 3/4 of the crowd.

Okay,

= Justin

PS - If Jay Ryan's there, I'll be the one stealing his wallet.

Hey I'll be there too. I will be the tall, bearded guy. I'll take a can of POINT, if they have it. Thanks!

Matt