Warmoth Guitars

You will get high quality wood and a nice, tight neck joint. I've heard very positive things about Warmoth, no first hand experience though. If I was to build, I would probably go with USA Custom Guitars I bought a used Strat neck (24.75" conversion) for my Tele and it is OUTSTANDING! I could not imagine getting a more finely crafted piece. You will pay slightly more with USACG, but being a smaller operation, they will actually pick out grain patterns and nice(er) pieces if you request them to. IMO, the $20 more I would spend on a neck or a body is worth the service they provide.

Warmoth Guitars

the guitarist in a band i play in bought all the parts to make himself a personalised custom styled leftie telecaster, and it has been worked hard and used live flawlessly for over 15 years now i think.

he talks them up everytime anyone says anything about his guitar.

he is a fucking whinger too, so you know they must be doing something right.
I hate salesmen.

Warmoth Guitars

I know that I am a little late on this one, since I just signed up, but I had to comment.

I built a Jaguar through Warmoth and have a friend who built a Jazzmaster. The parts worked out great with an exception on both of our necks: the nut. Both of our nuts were cut (ouch) too low which makes the strings pop out when bending. Since they charge, if I can remember correctly, like $100 for the nut, if I did it again, I would have them not put the nut on and take it over to my buddy who works on my guitars now.

Just some advice that I hope gets to you before its too late.

jt

Warmoth Guitars

BadComrade wrote:
tuerky wrote:Since they charge, if I can remember correctly, like $100 for the nut

Nuts are no more than $5. Are you saying they charge $100 to glue the nut on to the neck and cut it? That's insane if true...

yeah...at the time i had no idea what i was doing and they offered. i dont think it was $100, but it was something way more than the $30 my buddy charged me for a new one. it was for sure over $75. at the time, i was paying not to worry about it later. same with my friend with the jazzmaster. single worst regret of my life... or something.