Warmoth Guitars

I seem to remember Brian Orchard getting his Jazzmaster made from Warmoth parts and that guitar is pretty great. I got a neck from them like 20 years ago and it was fine.That's all I got.
steve albini
Electrical Audio
sa at electrical dot com
Quicumque quattuor feles possidet insanus est.

Warmoth Guitars

I got a marked down neck from them. Not sure if it was an order cancellation or a return, but I specified the frets and nut, and the neck was in immaculate condition when I got it. I slapped it on a beater Squier Jagmaster with Duncan PAFs, and now it's a great-sounding, great-playing guitar. But now...japmn wrote:I may have to build that Jazzmaster baritone with 72' tele custom humbuckers that I invented in my head just now.Holy crap, now I want a baritone neck too. Sorry to nick this idea, but it's just too damn good.
iembalm wrote:Can I just point out, Rick, that this rant is in a thread about a cartoon?

Warmoth Guitars

Jazzmasters and Jaguars have the same body shape and size, I didn't take any measurements, but it seems as if the bridge is located on the same place on both.The pole pieces of the bridge pickup seem to be on the same spot where the jag's pickups pole pieces are. Not sure about the neck, but it's pretty close from the pictures I'm looking at.I might be wrong and Jazzmasters bodies are bigger; but they look the same in size, to me.

Warmoth Guitars

krs wrote:hopelesshomo wrote:i've thought about replacing the neck on my jaguar with a full scale. i really like my jag, because of pick ups, and the various options i have sound wise (yes, i even use the strangle) and don't want a jazzmaster, so this seems like the best option, if it's possible. anyone know why this might not work?That won't work because of the difference in scale length. Warmoth doesn't make a 24" to 25.5" conversion neck.I don't see why this would be an insurmountable problem. You would just need to get the neck joint to fit and put the bridge in the right place.

Warmoth Guitars

scott wrote:projectMalamute wrote:I don't see why this would be an insurmountable problem. You would just need to get the neck joint to fit and put the bridge in the right place.That's the question, can the bridge be made to end up in the right place? And also, relative to that bridge location, will the pickups fit, and will they be located in sensible positions? Pickup locations aren't arbitrary, they're based on the scale length and being located under a certain harmonic and all that.So as long as the neck fits into the pocket, and bolts on correctly, and the bridge can be located properly, and the pickup locations don't end up sounding goofy, there's no reason it can't work.Assuming you can get the neck in the pocket I still don't think it would be that big a deal. Those pickup locations will still be ballpark the same, and all them harmonics and shit move every time you fret a note. I don't think they are as sensitive to location as you are making them out to be. Things will be thinner back by the bridge, deeper by the neck. Not rocket science.As for the bridge, you just move the fucking thing. What's the big deal? Unless we are talking about a whammy bar or some shit. Never having felt the need to shred I've never owned a guitar with one of them things.