Warmoth Guitars

tuerky wrote:Both of our nuts were cut (ouch) too low which makes the strings pop out when bending. Since they charge, if I can remember correctly, like $100 for the nut, if I did it again, I would have them not put the nut on and take it over to my buddy who works on my guitars now.

It sounds like you nut is *not cut low enough*, if the strings are popping out.

You should plan on having the frets dressed and the nut smoothed out a bit. Without having the guitar on the body and fully assembled Warmoth can't be expected to have the frets done perfectly, and not knowing what gauge strings you play, cannot cut the nut perfectly to your specs either. You won't always need to have these things done, but you should factor a few finishing touches into your budget.

Warmoth Guitars

it was a graphite originally, but after trying the fix of a string tree to keep the strings in place, which didnt do a thing, i just had my friend cut me a bone nut.

and i most certainly learned that you will almost always have to have the frets dressed and nut smoothed. custom built guitars always seem like they will cost less than they actually do. at least in my experience. good times, though.

Warmoth Guitars

I'm all over the idea of ordering Jazzmaster parts to build my own Jazzmaster. Bumping this thread to see if there are more opinions out there.Anybody else experienced the nut problem? Maybe it was a one time mistake with tuerky's guitar? What about the fret dressing? They do round them and file them a little bit, no? I no nothing about guitars' setup.I actually don't care about the nut and frets because they can be setup-ed to my taste easily, but how's the neck? comfortable?thanks,-e

Warmoth Guitars

I built a Tele Deluxe from Warmoth a few years ago with mostly Warmoth parts and an Allparts neck. Being able to choose the wood, pickup configuration, and other variables is great. I got them to add a body contour on the top edge which takes the tele from being a bruise-block to something very comfortable to play. But please, oh god please pay them to put a finish the guitar. Dealing with stain, pre-stain, and 20 coats of lacquer and sanding is not worth the muscle, lung, and mental deterioration--and my lacquer has proven to be not very durable either.
http://www.burningalphabet.com

Warmoth Guitars

eliya wrote:I'm all over the idea of ordering Jazzmaster parts to build my own Jazzmaster. Bumping this thread to see if there are more opinions out there.I toyed with this idea for a while (to build a lefty jazzmaster with a righty neck, etc.) but after pricing out the parts and such, it ended up actually being cheaper to import a CIJ lefty Jazzmaster from Tokyo.I was bummed out, because I really wanted a Jodimaster.
I make music/I also make pretty pictures

Warmoth Guitars

seaneldon wrote:The only "bad" thing I can say about Warmoth is that they are a little slow with delivery. Other than that, they make fantastic stuff. Well built, plays good, sounds good.This guitar was a Rolling Rock Squier Telecaster that I have resurrected in the form of the ultimate BARITELE with a neck and hardware from Warmoth:I finished the neck myself, because it was easy and they wanted too much money to spray and sand 5 coats of lacquer.That's a classy guitar.

Warmoth Guitars

The only bad thing I can say about Warmoth is that they are a little slow with delivery. Other than that, they make fantastic stuff. Well built, plays good, sounds good.This guitar was a Rolling Rock Squier Telecaster that I have resurrected in the form of the ultimate BARITELE with a neck and hardware from Warmoth:I finished the neck myself, because it was easy and they wanted too much money to spray and sand 5 coats of lacquer.
Sean Eldon
Mercenary Audio

mailto:?subject=&body=