Post while you are depressed thread

A good friend of mine and his wife, who has also become a friend, have had issues for as long as I've known them as a couple. They tend to have intermittent periods of (what seems from a distance) stability, only to be followed by "rough patches" that have grown in intensity over time. My other friends and I try to stay out of the specifics of the drama each time and provide as much non-judgemental support as we can, but lately we've been pulled into some very messy situations. Without getting too into specifics, it's a very codependent relationship and is becoming more and more unstable. Neither of them are in a good place mentally and they had a child together about a year ago which is really the part that kills me. Both of them can be a bit volatile (for lack of a better term) and I know my friend in particular has a habit of making rash decisions he's depressed--he takes a lot of it out on himself. He's gone off the grid a few times. Because of some stuff that has come to light on both sides, I don't see them remaining together. My other friends and I share the belief that both of them and especially the child would be better off if they separated, as difficult as that is to say. They've already more or less done so but are still in the same house. I'm worried about them. It's tough as they live down south and I can't be there as often as I'd like to, to try and help them with stuff, but we're all doing our best. I hope for the sake of the kid they make the right decision, whatever that might be, but just one that gets them all individually on track to becoming healthier people so that they're there for their son.

^aww mandroid you total hottie, two thangs1. you can t do that baby, men are like puppies chasing butts and treats and the rule about men is that you never chase one, if a man wants you he s knocking down your door and so it goes2. don t play the old card cause hott is so much more than age, it s true men might pay less attention when some chippie is around but they re like the episode guest and you re the hottie leading female and you gotta roll with it, don t let wangs decide how beautiful you are because they only get older but not necessarily more mature...you cute girl...you deserve so much better

Boy drama, again. Why do I always get sucked into enormously complicated messes with people who are not quite out of their previous or-not quite-previous relationship? Hell; tonight I was talking to a friend of the boy and was trying to recount a time where I've ever had a romantic entanglement where there wasn't a shitload of drama involved. Even when I try to avoid it the soap opera always ensues. Depressed that I'm old and no longer as hot as I used to be and pretty much irreparably damaged goods, and I'm going to be alone forever.
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."

-Gustave Flaubert

you said they re both volatile and the dude takes it out on himself... there s a breaking point and the kids will see long before you do... i have nothing to lose offering this extreme advice so please save the kids and let the future be the happiest possible scenario with parents involved but not necessarily with each other, after all who s the show you re putting on for? it s the kids who deserve everything and they know better and are only getting older and smarter... sometimes being a man or an adult who s mature is making these tough decisions, i can only speak from personal experience that i love my parents but could never imagine a world where they stayed together because it just wasn t in their hearts even though I am